Mother Of All Whore Threads Non-VIP Edition v.1

Started off nice and cool this morning, I think it's going to warm up to the 80's later today and the rest of this week

Warm up Tuesday-Friday (70's) and then back to low 60's (Saturday-Monday).

It was pretty cool this morning -- enough to where the Civic ran noticeably smoother.

Starting to think a CAI might help keep my intake air cooler, but ehhh...

Warm up Tuesday-Friday (70's) and then back to low 60's (Saturday-Monday).

I love this time of year, I wish it stayed this way all the time

It was pretty cool this morning -- enough to where the Civic ran noticeably smoother.

Starting to think a CAI might help keep my intake air cooler, but ehhh...

I keep thinking the same thing but I don't really want to do all that without Hondata

I love this time of year, I wish it stayed this way all the time

I keep thinking the same thing but I don't really want to do all that without Hondata

This! It's like I would, but why pass up doing the whole thing while I'm doing all that work...

Gotta take off the bumper (guaranteed broken clips) and potentially move components that I'll lose the bolts to-- psssssh. :rotfl:

I just don't want to stare at a CEL until I can get Hondata. One of the many benefits of working at a body shop is that I have unlimited access to bolts and clips :rotfl:

ive gotta find out if i can do it without removing the engine so i can do it at home.

$3000 to get my friend to do the head gaskets. apparently you have to remove the engine first.
I'm not sure what generation (or year) xterra you have, but I see some guides and videos showing the replacement without removing the engine.

google "xterra head gasket replacement" and look at "vidoes" or "all", and you should see tons of results on xterra forums regarding it.

I'm not sure what generation (or year) xterra you have, but I see some guides and videos showing the replacement without removing the engine.

google "xterra head gasket replacement" and look at "vidoes" or "all", and you should see tons of results on xterra forums regarding it.
It's all for the first gen with the 3.3. Mines a 2nd gen 4.0l. I just got the procedure off my friend. Can't seem to find where it says remove the engine. I'm gonna do this in my garage.

It's all for the first gen with the 3.3. Mines a 2nd gen 4.0l. I just got the procedure off my friend. Can't seem to find where it says remove the engine. I'm gonna do this in my garage.
there is a little info here

might be worth seeing if you can get info from this user. They clearly have a factory service manual (or access to it), as they were looking up the info for the original user.

there is a little info here

might be worth seeing if you can get info from this user. They clearly have a factory service manual (or access to it), as they were looking up the info for the original user.
I've got the procedure from mitchel on demand. I looked at it quickly and couldn't see where it said remove the engine. Im hopeful it's not a requirement now and will be able to do the job slowly in my garage.

e85 was out for my station for a week. It came back into stock, and the price jumped .50. I can understand ten but 50?!

Yikes. Are there other stations in your area that carry it, or is it hard to find where you live?

only one in my city. Next one is deep in san marcos. Next one after that is deep into vista. Hence, flex fuel.

my car just runs better on flex plus ive been bumping that nitrous lately so my tune is only calibrated for e85.

Back