Mother Of All Whore Threads Non-VIP Edition v.1

Nice.
My buddy offered me this bike minus the wheels for free. I said why not. Never had a fixed gear before. View attachment 65484

Not needing a car for everything is such an alien concept to me -- but I like not having to buy gas all the time. What kind of bike is this? I'm new to the two-wheel world; I had a heavy Wal-Mart bike as a kid, but this is my first adult bike.

I bought this Panasonic frame to build up for the spring. Where I moved to has lots of bike infrastructure, and I noticed most of my neighbors seem to also have bikes.

...It looked fun, so I jumped on the bandwagon

I prob would have bought something used off Facebook. Bike building can be a bit challenging, especially for an older frame like the Panasonic. unless you are well versed in the cycling world.

Nice.
My buddy offered me this bike minus the wheels for free. I said why not. Never had a fixed gear before. View attachment 65484
Since no wheels....then no longer a fixy? I would def go for a coaster hub if you want to stay with one gear and have a bunch of hills. I wouldn't even think of getting a fixed gear. The fact that you constantly have to pedal in relation to the speed you are going does not appeal to me at all.

Reactions: Dad
Not needing a car for everything is such an alien concept to me -- but I like not having to buy gas all the time. What kind of bike is this? I'm new to the two-wheel world; I had a heavy Wal-Mart bike as a kid, but this is my first adult bike.
BLACK. i dont know.

I prob would have bought something used off Facebook. Bike building can be a bit challenging, especially for an older frame like the Panasonic. unless you are well versed in the cycling world.

Since no wheels....then no longer a fixy? I would def go for a coaster hub if you want to stay with one gear and have a bunch of hills. I wouldn't even think of getting a fixed gear. The fact that you constantly have to pedal in relation to the speed you are going does not appeal to me at all.
i was planning on getting a coaster hub. i live in the flattest place i dont have hills.

That was my thought as well.. fixed gear bikes are way too much work.. that and I don't like the taste of PBR

I was down for the challenge, even though I know I'll make errors -- it's been a blast reading up on all this stuff. Plus, the bike folks I bug at work are really nice to me :turbospin:

I was down for the challenge, even though I know I'll make errors -- it's been a blast reading up on all this stuff. Plus, the bike folks I bug at work are really nice to me :turbospin:
Have at it! Wanna build me a gravel bike? Prob the next bike I would buy....then I would sell my cheapy 15 year old dept store bike(which still runs really nice) and maybe also get rid of my road bike(which is a 2009 but is super buttery smooth and I haven't serviced it other than lubing up the chain and occasionally wiping it down).

Have at it! Wanna build me a gravel bike? Prob the next bike I would buy....then I would sell my cheapy 15 year old dept store bike(which still runs really nice) and maybe also get rid of my road bike(which is a 2009 but is super buttery smooth and I haven't serviced it other than lubing up the chain and occasionally wiping it down).

What sort of road bike? I had a 2010 Trek for a long time that I sold before I moved to Texas

After I figure this one out, hit me up, lol.

My old county sent me a Jury summons-- but jokes on them, I moved!
I'm on my way to the post office RITE NAH to mail this exemption!

giphy.gif

Back