Mother Of All Whore Threads Non-VIP Edition v.1

i ordered a cord of wood yesterday. later find out its cedar which isnt the best for wood stoves. then find out my mother inlaw got a cord of wood as well. started stacking and about 1/4 into it my wheel barrow tire leaks.

i ordered a cord of wood yesterday. later find out its cedar which isnt the best for wood stoves. then find out my mother inlaw got a cord of wood as well. started stacking and about 1/4 into it my wheel barrow tire leaks.
I've never used cedar, but I've seen others say they've used it in their wood stove. They just said it burns quite fast. Certain cedars can also be poisonous if you use it to grill/smoke food, so don't use it for cooking.

it's at the bottom of the btu chart for softwoods unfortunately

headed to some place exotic?

Nope. That's usually around our anniversary (May) but we are going back to the DR end of February/Beginning of March for wife's friend's 40th Birthday.

This trip is for the wife's 40th Birthday (well she wanted to go to Glacier National Park but procrastinated too long)

Fly from Baltimore -> Reno (not staying in Reno)
Drive to South Lake Tahoe (stay there for a few days)
Drive to Yosemite (stay there for a few days)
Drive to Sequoia/Kings Canyon (stay there for a few days)
Drive to Vegas (stay there for 2 days)
Fly from Vegas -> Baltimore

Nope. That's usually around our anniversary (May) but we are going back to the DR end of February/Beginning of March for wife's friend's 40th Birthday.

This trip is for the wife's 40th Birthday (well she wanted to go to Glacier National Park but procrastinated too long)

Fly from Baltimore -> Reno (not staying in Reno)
Drive to South Lake Tahoe (stay there for a few days)
Drive to Yosemite (stay there for a few days)
Drive to Sequoia/Kings Canyon (stay there for a few days)
Drive to Vegas (stay there for 2 days)
Fly from Vegas -> Baltimore
Wow, sounds like a great trip. When is it? If you have the time you might consider swinging by North Shore (Tahoe) just on the other side of the lake. Gorgeous place. In some respects nicer than South.
Yosemite might require reservations but I'm sure you've looked into that. During the week is best. Try hiking up to Vernal and/or Nevada Falls along the Mist Trial... but you'd better be in shape old timer. (Like I'm one to talk) The initial part is brutal...just don't give up, "we're almost there!" Yosemite Falls might be a shorter hike but it's actually more difficult. Of course, the big draw is Half Dome. Leave camp at 6am, return at 6pm. Just bring your own sturdy gloves for the final climb up the steps. You'll never forget it, assuming you survive. lol. You might even run into Alex Honnold, the one who did the famous free solo (no ropes) to the top of El Cap.

Wow, sounds like a great trip. When is it? If you have the time you might consider swinging by North Shore (Tahoe) just on the other side of the lake. Gorgeous place. In some respects nicer than South.
Yosemite might require reservations but I'm sure you've looked into that. During the week is best. Try hiking up to Vernal and/or Nevada Falls along the Mist Trial... but you'd better be in shape old timer. (Like I'm one to talk) The initial part is brutal...just don't give up, "we're almost there!" Yosemite Falls might be a shorter hike but it's actually more difficult. Of course, the big draw is Half Dome. Leave camp at 6am, return at 6pm. Just bring your own sturdy gloves for the final climb up the steps. You'll never forget it, assuming you survive. lol. You might even run into Alex Honnold, the one who did the famous free solo (no ropes) to the top of El Cap.

Leaving this Friday and get back to Baltimore next Sunday.

Thanks for the tips.

Oh we can't fit North Shore (Tahoe) in the itinerary. Wife has it planned day by day, hour by hour lol
We are going to Yosemite during the week. Don't get me started on Mist Trail.... My wife was upset because they have been doing renovations for a few years and the trail is closed 7a-3:30p Monday-Thursday

The Mist Trail from its junction with the John Muir Trail (above Vernal Fall footbridge) to the top of Vernal Fall will be closed to entry Mondays through Thursdays from 7 am to 3:30 pm from July through October (dates and times subject to change).

Capture 10.JPG

This is the Table of Contents. She breaks down each day... That's 6 pages total and I'm not going to copy/paste that here. lol

Yeah she's not doing Half Dome lol

Leaving this Friday and get back to Baltimore next Sunday.

Thanks for the tips.

Oh we can't fit North Shore (Tahoe) in the itinerary. Wife has it planned day by day, hour by hour lol
We are going to Yosemite during the week. Don't get me started on Mist Trail.... My wife was upset because they have been doing renovations for a few years and the trail is closed 7a-3:30p Monday-Thursday

The Mist Trail from its junction with the John Muir Trail (above Vernal Fall footbridge) to the top of Vernal Fall will be closed to entry Mondays through Thursdays from 7 am to 3:30 pm from July through October (dates and times subject to change).

View attachment 67236

This is the Table of Contents. She breaks down each day... That's 6 pages total and I'm not going to copy/paste that here. lol

Yeah she's not doing Half Dome lol
Just take a drive AROUND Lake Tahoe. There are a bunch of spots to get out and take pics etc. It’s a beautiful drive like Bruce said.

Just take a drive AROUND Lake Tahoe. There are a bunch of spots to get out and take pics etc. It’s a beautiful drive like Bruce said.

This is what we are doing Day #2 (South Lake Tahoe)

* Emerald Bay State Park
Hikes: 2.5 mile Vikingsholm Trail to Lower Eagle Falls (stop and see castle tour 30 min) or
Vikingsholm Trail only which is 1.7 miles. Steep.
* Gondola at Heavenly. Look at shops there and eat lunch
* Van Sickle Bi-State Park - see Cali/Nevada state line

I'm just there to drive :giggle: :hiding:

This is what we are doing Day #2 (South Lake Tahoe)

* Emerald Bay State Park
Hikes: 2.5 mile Vikingsholm Trail to Lower Eagle Falls (stop and see castle tour 30 min) or
Vikingsholm Trail only which is 1.7 miles. Steep.
* Gondola at Heavenly. Look at shops there and eat lunch
* Van Sickle Bi-State Park - see Cali/Nevada state line

I'm just there to drive :giggle: :hiding:

Ya'll think I'm joking.

Yosemite Day #1:
Leave hotel around 7:30ish - takes 1.5 hours or so to get there. Park at Valley Lodge shuttle stop #7.
Yosemite Valley Floor Tour guided tour: Arrive by 9:45 at latest. Tour starts @ 10 (pick up from Yosemite Valley Lodge Green bus line stop #7)
Take green bus to Stop 2 and eat lunch @ Degans Kitchen and check out Welcome center/ museum.
Take Purple line shuttle bus to Happy Isles stop #16.
Check out Happy Isles Nature Center
Hike: Mist Trail to Vernal Falls (3 miles round trip - steep) Trailhead @ Happy Isles
Take Purple line back to Curry Village East stop #14 and grab a pizza @ The Deck.
Take bus back to Valley lodge stop #7
Drive back to hotel

@Janz3n

Ya'll think I'm joking.

Yosemite Day #1:
Leave hotel around 7:30ish - takes 1.5 hours or so to get there. Park at Valley Lodge shuttle stop #7.
Yosemite Valley Floor Tour guided tour: Arrive by 9:45 at latest. Tour starts @ 10 (pick up from Yosemite Valley Lodge Green bus line stop #7)
Take green bus to Stop 2 and eat lunch @ Degans Kitchen and check out Welcome center/ museum.
Take Purple line shuttle bus to Happy Isles stop #16.
Check out Happy Isles Nature Center
Hike: Mist Trail to Vernal Falls (3 miles round trip - steep) Trailhead @ Happy Isles
Take Purple line back to Curry Village East stop #14 and grab a pizza @ The Deck.
Take bus back to Valley lodge stop #7
Drive back to hotel

@Janz3n
I don't think you're joking. I'm laughing because it's hilarious.

Back