Mother Of All Whore Threads Non-VIP Edition v.1

that was mw driving srt-4, I am surprised to have finished. Must have been a stock srt-4, none of them stay that way. Srt-4 has a fine racing history.:bowdownsit:

there were Stage 1, stage 2 and stage 3 models and a acr model too. the acr model was a stock car. I don't know if the stage 3 would be considered a stock srt-4 but maybe-it was making over 350HP on front wheels. No way would the Honda beat it on a drag strip. the Honda r is also $14,000 more. Honda took a long time to make a r model.

They’ve made type r cars for a long time. It’s just that this latest civic was made available to the US market. The r isn’t a drag car. It’s made for track driving. Regardless, it shows around 13.9 or 14 sec flat for 1/4 mile stock. I’m seeing the same in stock form on the neon from the same test magazines.

the stage 3 Big turbo HP 355 srt-4 neon is simply amazing and its a really light car and is a collector car for sure. Flip a switch and it runs on 100 octane race gas. stage 2 neon reg turbo also runs on race gas 100. I did run mine on a race gas mix of 96 octane and I still have a tune for it. It is presently running a 93 octane tune and you can feel the power its makin above the stock 91, must have added at 20 HP-it puts down a solid 300HP with a tiny turbo and burns rubber at 50mph in third gear-it only weighs 2800pds, unfortunate my throttle cable got stuck at about 3/4 power and went from 40mph to 86mph in about 2 secs and got me a speeding ticket at 68mph when I was braking. Oh Mercedes has a 375HP turbo car 2.3 4cyl, I would pick that one over honda r car for sure. the Mercedes car is the highest hp stock 4 cyl turbo car ever made maybe? the new model from Mercedes makes 416 HP from a 2L engine 4 or 208Hp per L hand built engine by one person. So honda r is way slow.

Last edited:
Oh don't forget the dodge GLH turbo, it was just as fast as the early honda r models. GO Like Hell GLH if you could find one 5sp turbo,before the srt-4. Dodge had a few early 4cyl turbo's even before that one-all of them fast cars. And these little turbo cars are here.

Shitty day at work yesterday. Haven't had this much trouble diagnosing a car in a long time.

Came in for battery gone dead and cluster with lots of lights on. For some reason they gave this to the apprentice that tested the battery , battery failed and replaced it. Dash still lit up. So they ask me to diagnose it. Won't even start when I get it. Long story short after 2 hours I found the abs module was bringing down the can bus system.

And I should have clued in earlier that it was the abs module because I saw the brake lights flickering while the apprentice was working on it.

the stage 3 Big turbo HP 355 srt-4 neon is simply amazing and its a really light car and is a collector car for sure. Flip a switch and it runs on 100 octane race gas. stage 2 neon reg turbo also runs on race gas 100. I did run mine on a race gas mix of 96 octane and I still have a tune for it. It is presently running a 93 octane tune and you can feel the power its makin above the stock 91, must have added at 20 HP-it puts down a solid 300HP with a tiny turbo and burns rubber at 50mph in third gear-it only weighs 2800pds, unfortunate my throttle cable got stuck at about 3/4 power and went from 40mph to 86mph in about 2 secs and got me a speeding ticket at 68mph when I was braking. I did tell the cop the car was working right and now I have proof with a frayed cable that a mechanic replaced. Well see if they throw the ticket out. I am complaining all ready to politicians to allow jury trials on traffic tickets because a state judge is a bias judge and my seat belt ticket judge even said he was a bias judge, but the cop had to sit there for three hours to get $85 out of me. Will see what happens, if you don't fight tickets you will all ways lose anyway. I have -7 points on my drivers license and ticket is 6 points so it won't effect my insurance rate at all. Oh Mercedes has a 375HP turbo car 2.3 4cyl, I would pick that one over honda r car for sure. the Mercedes car is the highest hp stock 4 cyl turbo car ever made maybe? the new model from Mercedes makes 416 HP from a 2L engine 4 or 208Hp per L hand built engine by one person. So honda r is way slow.
I could not follow half of what you said. You do realize the CTR is the 67th fastest car to lap that track right? The SRT-4 is over 2 minutes and 11 seconds later and thousands of cars came in front of it. The CTR beat cars like the Farrier F430, Ford GT 2004, Lamborghini Murcielago and other fast car's.

not a DD car, track cars ride to rough. I think they cheated and drove a race car not a honda r model.:badger:

no :cornmad:

looks like I’m gonna work a long stretch until august. Gonna go back to Asia in august for a month. This time we are throwing China in the mix.

I'm going to Asia this year, too!
That is because it is a clump of Chrysler poop :rotfl:.
@sunofwolf is a living example his is falling apart just driving down the road.

It seems like mechanical issues plague the entirety of the Dodge Forums.

Hmmmmm. Very Interesting.

yea but the parts are cheap and its a easy car to repair. I like my neons-the dodge srt-4 got damaged by salt-may fix it. A honda would far apart also if salt hit it-very thin metal-rust easy. Neon cars are abused to no end, due to owners not taking care of them. notice today what am I drive-2001 Neon though zero degree winter and snow and salt-not honda-i don't want that car to rust too. Neon 2001 19 yrs old runs fine and the srt-4 runs fine 16yrs old.

Back