Mother Of All Whore Threads Non-VIP Edition v.1

Evening.

Bad storms rolled through. Luckily we dodged a bullet here but my dad (volunteer fire fighter) said 5-10 miles away got hit hard. Tons of water rescues and trees/power lines down. Eek
what's the status today?

Evening.

Bad storms rolled through. Luckily we dodged a bullet here but my dad (volunteer fire fighter) said 5-10 miles away got hit hard. Tons of water rescues and trees/power lines down. Eek

sounds like fun! Glad you guys are okay

Been having some tornadoes around these parts.

Put the crackle tune back on my car. Had a little fun on the way home.

You know, that was something I was looking in to once I get and exhaust and tune

sounds like fun! Glad you guys are okay

You know, that was something I was looking in to once I get and exhaust and tune
sounds decent with a downpipe and stock exhaust. although im going to change when it happens from 2000 and up to 3000 and up because driving in town is a little embarrassing when your car sounds like its back firing every shift.

• Haha
Reactions: Dad
sounds decent with a downpipe and stock exhaust. although im going to change when it happens from 2000 and up to 3000 and up because driving in town is a little embarrassing when your car sounds like its back firing every shift.
3000 to 5000 is perfect.

Quite a bit of people are without power still. We lucked out and didn't lose power.

Lots of cleanup in the communities close by.
Can't imagine being without power that long. Even if someone managed to save their food from spoiling (or meat in the freezer from thawing) how does a person cook?

Can't imagine being without power that long. Even if someone managed to save their food from spoiling (or meat in the freezer from thawing) how does a person cook?
If you have a natural gas stove you can turn the knob and use a match or lighter to ignite the flame. The electronic spark won’t work, but it’ll still ignite with a lighter. An outdoor grill would also be a method of cooking stuff. Some wood burning stoves also have a flat top area you can cook on, but that wouldn’t really be ideal in the middle of summer.

If you have a natural gas stove you can turn the knob and use a match or lighter to ignite the flame. The electronic spark won’t work, but it’ll still ignite with a lighter. An outdoor grill would also be a method of cooking stuff. Some wood burning stoves also have a flat top area you can cook on, but that wouldn’t really be ideal in the middle of summer.
My inside gas stove has an interlock in it. If there’s no power, it internally shuts off the gas supply so even if you tried to light it with a match, it won’t work. You have to manually bypass that interlock when the power comes back on. Until you fix that interlock, you can’t use the stove even when the power is on. That prevents the gas from flowing if a knob gets turned while the power is out, preventing potential carbon monoxide poisoning or worse, a spark when power coming back on and gas explosion.

Without power, I’d have to resort to bbq or other outdoor camping stove. Had to do it a couple of years ago when I lost power for a day when we got lots of snow. E9C6DA2C-F753-4D4E-BF1A-B1ACC9F12B2A.jpeg

Yea, I guess I should mention that. Some newer models have interlocks, but not all.

Back