Mother Of All Whore Threads Non-VIP Edition v.1

I dunno. There are two specific guys on that forum that are older and live to tell people off if their car isn’t stock and if they’re not following Subaru’s maintenance schedules down to the mile or timing.

damn, and you call me mean!
I'm not mean. They know.
Thought I’d share some of the personality they’ve got in one of the WRX Forums I frequent. One of the reasons I’ve always stuck around this place. You all are awesome.

I wish this place was more popular/busier but forums in general aren't as popular with the new generation.

I've noticed the Subaru forum I'm on OT (Off Topic) was usually very active but they made a Discord server and that is WAY more active.

Also a lot of people blame the removal of Tapatalk as they don't like the web version of the forum.

Too much vaping messing up their brains….
I've never vaped. #3xSubaruOwner

First world problems...

I got a email from Acura, the connectivity system in my car stopped working because CDMA cell tech is being phased out, they said the options are:
- Live with it, theyll cancel the connectivity subscriptions eventually
- Pay out of pocket for the dealer to upgrade the connectivty module in the car to the newer LTE one
- Take their generous offer of 1500 off a new purchase or lease for my trouble

its the same system that runs HondaLink so if any of the older Hondas have the system a similar email went out to owners

A forum I was on all the time for years shut down like 8 years ago. The last thread that was posted in every day was the post where thread lol. What do kids these days do in the car scene if not using forums?

I have no motivation for my garage. It needs more storage shelves but have no idea where to put them. Spent a couple days sorting nuts and bolts and removed a work bench that was kind of useless and took up too much space. Bought some wall mount bike holders and made a couple recycle bin wall mounts to organize it better. Lots of stuff needs to go into the shed but the shed needs shelves before that happens. The garage closet is just a mess. The need for 3 tire racks is gone. The laundry sink is all warped because I've cleaned parts in it with brake clean.

I wanted to eventually build a wood shelving unit with a bench or build it so I can put the tool box in the middle. I keep thinking I need a large work bench but I really don't.

20210802_163239.jpg

A forum I was on all the time for years shut down like 8 years ago. The last thread that was posted in every day was the post where thread lol. What do kids these days do in the car scene if not using forums?

I have no motivation for my garage. It needs more storage shelves but have no idea where to put them. Spent a couple days sorting nuts and bolts and removed a work bench that was kind of useless and took up too much space. Bought some wall mount bike holders and made a couple recycle bin wall mounts to organize it better. Lots of stuff needs to go into the shed but the shed needs shelves before that happens. The garage closet is just a mess. The need for 3 tire racks is gone. The laundry sink is all warped because I've cleaned parts in it with brake clean.

I wanted to eventually build a wood shelving unit with a bench or build it so I can put the tool box in the middle. I keep thinking I need a large work bench but I really don't.

View attachment 63298
I’m not using my workbench as much as I thought I would but it’s def nice to have when you need it and it’s a nice place to put things on for temporary storage. Also the added shelving works nicely for storage.

I need to re-organize the garage as my mom moved out a few months ago and her few boxes of stuff is no longer here.

Looks like you could do something similar but add more storage.

BA23DD5E-A269-4CC2-A3ED-7E4B547A4781.jpeg

First world problems...

I got a email from Acura, the connectivity system in my car stopped working because CDMA cell tech is being phased out, they said the options are:
- Live with it, theyll cancel the connectivity subscriptions eventually
- Pay out of pocket for the dealer to upgrade the connectivty module in the car to the newer LTE one
- Take their generous offer of 1500 off a new purchase or lease for my trouble

its the same system that runs HondaLink so if any of the older Hondas have the system a similar email went out to owners

For some reason I thought your TLX was newer. I didn't realize it is the same year as my Accord.

So what option are you going with?

What do kids these days do in the car scene if not using forums?

Unfortunately it's social media.. Facebook Groups & Instagram :sadface:

IB4 Webby says I love social media... :hiding:

The garage closet is just a mess. The need for 3 tire racks is gone.
Wait... Your garage has a closet? :think:

For some reason I thought your TLX was newer. I didn't realize it is the same year as my Accord.

Unfortunately it's social media.. Facebook Groups & Instagram :sadface:

IB4 Webby says I love social media... :hiding:

Wait... Your garage has a closet? :think:
yes the open doors on the left.

@Dad - going to lunch with some co-workers at the main office today.

Not sure how we are splitting up the bill but I'll let you know ;)

Reactions: Dad
@Dad - going to lunch with some co-workers at the main office today.

Not sure how we are splitting up the bill but I'll let you know ;)

told my coworker that I was going to run some errands on my lunch and she goes, “call me when you know what you want so I can get something too”

this is unhealthy :rotfl:

told my coworker that I was going to run some errands on my lunch and she goes, “call me when you know what you want so I can get something too”

this is unhealthy :rotfl:
Co-worker called the order in. I picked it up (and paid). They venmo'd me when I got there :)

Yup, my TLX is pretty much your car with AWD and a 9spd transmission

probably live with it for a year to give me a chance to get control of the house finances and then look at trading in. Found out the module to update the car to LTE is potentially $2k. Kinda unhappy with Honda/Acura for the way this is being handled.

Back