Mother Of All Whore Threads Non-VIP Edition v.1

Got a quote today to redo the backyard that was $50k. It’s quite tempting. Plus I liked the guy who came out. 700 sq ft patio, 700 sq ft artificial turf, 200 sq ft patio cover structure

So when does he start?
February. Haha. He’s sending a detailed quote later today. We have two contractors in the running right now. We’ll be hiring somebody in February.

What you can’t see is that the patio is lifting and sinking and in bad shape you can’t really see in the picture. The grass is full of pot holes and the spot on the other side of the table is missing. Also you can’t see the area I’m taking the picture. 1643248761762.jpeg

What you can’t see is that the patio is lifting and sinking and in bad shape you can’t really see in the picture. The grass is full of pot holes and the spot on the other side of the table is missing. Also you can’t see the area I’m taking the picture. View attachment 64228
Have you researched various brands of artificial grass yet, or made a decision on type? I went deep down that rabbit hole a few years back and haven’t revisited it yet.

Have you researched various brands of artificial grass yet, or made a decision on type? I went deep down that rabbit hole a few years back and haven’t revisited it yet.
We’re diving into that subject. It’s quite a deep dive. I’m scared of it.

Here’s the proposed configuration of the backyard. A6D21D9B-EF2F-42D7-9C9B-64AB70993DA5.jpeg

Reactions: Dad
Got a quote today to redo the backyard that was $50k. It’s quite tempting. Plus I liked the guy who came out. 700 sq ft patio, 700 sq ft artificial turf, 200 sq ft patio cover structure
Seems a bit expensive but I have no clue what turf costs. Does it include planting beds and bushes in the sketch?

Morning :wavey:

Still flabbergasted by the quotes y'all got for your backyards.. :eek: can't imagine dropping $50k+ for my backyard.

Morning :wavey:

Still flabbergasted by the quotes y'all got for your backyards.. :eek: can't imagine dropping $50k+ for my backyard.
my friend that owns a construction business said my quote was low. lol. i think we are gonna just have the cement done and do the rest our selves.

I guess because we "technically" rent our house from my MIL I don't have any desire to improve it.. I mean it will be our house once my MIL passes but still. It wasn't like I picked the house. Got married in 2012 and moved in (wife was already there since 2008/2009).

Seems a bit expensive but I have no clue what turf costs. Does it include planting beds and bushes in the sketch?

It’s all of the yard, irrigation for the planter beds, additional electrical for the “pergola” but the pergola is more like a gazebo with full roof. The turf is about $10k more expensive than replanting grass back there with irrigation.

In short, the whole space is going to be dug 7” deep and replaced to the surface, plus auxiliary electrical and planter irrigation.

It’s all of the yard, irrigation for the planter beds, additional electrical for the “pergola” but the pergola is more like a gazebo with full roof. The turf is about $10k more expensive than replanting grass back there with irrigation.

In short, the whole space is going to be dug 7” deep and replaced to the surface, plus auxiliary electrical and planter irrigation.
if i hadnt just spent $70k on a pool id do $50k on a back yard.

im just trying to figure out how much labor i want to put into DIYing a paver patio for the grills and a fire pit because i have no desire to try to drop that kind of money on a project

What you can’t see is that the patio is lifting and sinking and in bad shape you can’t really see in the picture. The grass is full of pot holes and the spot on the other side of the table is missing. Also you can’t see the area I’m taking the picture. View attachment 64228

That turf will make a huge difference.. I'm looking in to it for my back yard. We have the same issue with the pot holes as well

Gotcha….I guess it doesn’t seem too far off.

We spent $15k on 800sqft of paver patio with a firepit, sitting wall and a few lights.

Firepit kit alone was $3k, the sitting wall was like $5k(lots of labor), lights were $1k, mid tier pavers were $2500 up charge.

And this was before the supply chain issues

Morning :wave: Happy Friday.

Snow showers here this morning. Think we are going to luck out and NOT GET HAMMERED like the East Coast (Ocean City, MD / Atlantic City, NJ/New York/Boston). :woot:

Back