Mother Of All Whore Threads Non-VIP Edition v.1

We have ZipCars on the campus I work at.

One time while I was helping out with a computer fix over at the parking office, we saw a flatbed pull up with a totaled out ZipCar (Corolla, I think). Some nervous looking kid came out with a clipboard and signed off on it, and they left it in the ZipCar spot like that. I'm pretty sure he got fined, but jeez why bring it back to the hire-spot? Lol.

Jeep mechanic duties today. Spark plugs, belt, filters, brakes, various lights.

Mechanic quoted my lady $700 to do front brakes, $400 for spark plugs, $100 for engine air and $100 for cabin air filter, $100 for license plate lights. They wanted another $500 for the belt change.

I said I’ll do it and take a few hours on the weekend. So far, so good.

Last edited:
Jeep mechanic duties today. Spark plugs, belt, filters, brakes, various lights.

Mechanic quoted my lady $700 to do front brakes, $400 for spark plugs, $100 for engine air and $100 for cabin air filter, $100 for license plate lights. They wanted another $500 for the belt change.

I said I’ll do it and take a few hours on the weekend. So far, so good.
Lol. Can't believe some people pay those prices though. How many miles on the jeep now? I don't replace many belts. Filters can be had for like $10 on Amazon. License plate lights are like 5 bucks?

Lol. Can't believe some people pay those prices though. How many miles on the jeep now? I don't replace many belts. Filters can be had for like $10 on Amazon. License plate lights are like 5 bucks?
88,000 miles. Belt is cracking, sparks needed. Warped front rotor.

All done with that Jeep. Gotta go back in at some point. There are some bulbs in the dash out and the radio is static.

I found a loose wire behind the front bumper and a bent up condenser. Probably need to look at that while the bumper is off.

All done with that Jeep. Gotta go back in at some point. There are some bulbs in the dash out and the radio is static.

I found a loose wire behind the front bumper and a bent up condenser. Probably need to look at that while the bumper is off.

It's a Jeep thing. lol

I don't. That's the problem! :rotfl:

I didn't have time this morning. Oldest had a school event that we had to go to. Same tomorrow. I was up at 5:30am :sleep: Little guy gets me up every 2 hours as it is.

Was looking at my old house on street view this morning and noticed that it had fire damage. Asked my old neighbour what happened. Apparently the owners truck exploded. Needless to say I was relieved because I wired that front room myself. Lol.
1000004666.jpg

Back