Need a quick troubleshoot (Water movement)...

Well I'm glad they cleared up the ac for ya but that sucks that they said you couldn't do anything about it. There is probably a way just hasn't be made public.

The final word is that I picked up my car from Honda last Saturday, the 13th and they completely dryed out carpets, drained all water, disinfected the carpets and interior. It is like the issue never happened. They did a good job. Hoping that this issue does not surface again though. Really would like a solution to prevent anything from clogging the AC drain, but Honda says there is no solution.

The final word is that I picked up my car from Honda last Saturday, the 13th and they completely dryed out carpets, drained all water, disinfected the carpets and interior. It is like the issue never happened. They did a good job. Hoping that this issue does not surface again though. Really would like a solution to prevent anything from clogging the AC drain, but Honda says there is no solution.
Glad to hear you got that resolved. As for a prevention, I know that on older vehicles the ac drain line and other components that get clogged can be cleaned routinely. Maybe if someone pokes around enough they can find a way and make a nice diy for it. I personally don't have the time for it but if ppl can be patient I might get around to it in the next few weeks.

Glad to hear you got that resolved. As for a prevention, I know that on older vehicles the ac drain line and other components that get clogged can be cleaned routinely. Maybe if someone pokes around enough they can find a way and make a nice diy for it. I personally don't have the time for it but if ppl can be patient I might get around to it in the next few weeks.
That would be fabulous!

Guys, I'm trying to figure out the best way to make sure that the water issue is fixed. I've checked under my floor mats each day to ensure that they are dry. Do you think a good idea would be to run the car for 25 minutes with the AC on and see if water drips onto the ground under the car? I think this will demonstrate that the clogged AC drain is cleared. I'm just paranoid since I don't want this happening again and this morning I thought I heard water, but it could just be me. Any thoughts?

I don't know what area you live in but as hot as it gets down here, my ac starts dripping in a few mins. But that is definitely a good way to tell. Let the car run for a bit with the ac on and look for the puddle.

Took a picture with my phone this morning of the AC drain hose which is pretty much directly under the center console toward front of car. It's a small half inch rubber tube which drains the water. I can see how it would get clogged. I'm thinking of purchasing a mesh screen with perforations wide enough to let water out, but prevent any kind of brush from clogging it.

Attachments

• AC Drain Hose.jpg
    AC Drain Hose.jpg
    17.6 KB · Views: 62
I've seen some brushes that would be good for an occasional clean out of that pipe somewhere, but can't remember where. If I come across them, I'll post a how to on cleaning and protecting. GOOD FIND!

Good find there fella! I've heard also that there are some "industrial grade" disinfectants that a person can spray into the drain opening to help kill mold and such that can build up with climate changes. I have no evidence or dyno sheets to prove this lol but may be worth looking into as a preventative measure.

I heard to unclog it they just blast compressed air into it? I read that a few places. I bet some pipe cleaner and disinfectant is the way to go though. Great job getting a pic of that for us! I'm sure it will help someone else down the road.

I heard to unclog it they just blast compressed air into it? I read that a few places. I bet some pipe cleaner and disinfectant is the way to go though. Great job getting a pic of that for us! I'm sure it will help someone else down the road.
Anytime, compressed aid is a great idea.

Typically, the drains get plugged by a spider's nest; they also plug up the evap lines and there is really nothing that can be done to prevent it from happening. I know some one will read this and wonder how a little nest like that can hold back pounds of water, but its true! I unclog them by running a wire through the hose - compressed air can make a mess.

Reactions: Nix
I just got a 2015 Si on Thursday and yesterday I noticed a weird sloshing of water sound coming from right in front of the passenger area but it was while slowing down. When I got to about 15-20mph. I didn't think anything of it thought maybe I was just hearing things because it rained or maybe it was my full tank of gas. But now I just caught this thread and it has me worried. I'm going to have to see if I can replicate it.

I just got a 2015 Si on Thursday and yesterday I noticed a weird sloshing of water sound coming from right in front of the passenger area but it was while slowing down. When I got to about 15-20mph. I didn't think anything of it thought maybe I was just hearing things because it rained or maybe it was my full tank of gas. But now I just caught this thread and it has me worried. I'm going to have to see if I can replicate it.
2015's are out? Boy I missed that.

Take your car to the dealer right away if you hear the sound again. If you have the same issue that I did, try making a left hand turn sharp and you may hear the water movement again. It is most likely a clogged AC drain. See my previous posts in this thread. Honda can clear the clog if that is the case. Check under your floor mats to see if you have water coming through the carpet.

Last edited:
I can’t recognize where to find AC drain even after seeing photo. Anyone can help me find it? Photos please. Do I need to lift my car?

Back