Need help after RBC swap.

Any elbows installed should be pipe doped in some way and tightened. That vacuum line that broke may be where to start.

The line is fine, but now that i think about it... i never teflon wrapped the elbow going into the TB spacer. But would that cause such a rough idle? And only while the car is moving?

I'm gonna go see what if i can find anything obvious that i might missed before.
Here's the video of what's going on

Also i ran to auto zone and bought some teflon tape for that elbow and some brake cleaner to troubleshoot some possible vacuum leaks...
the elbow was fine, but one of my injector's O-rings was offset, and damn near bogs out the car when sprayed, so i'm hoping that's the only leak, gonna let it cool off a bit before i fix it

Are you using any sort of calibration geared towards your parts?

It was tuned for the intake and bigger throttle body before you installed the RBC?

You are probably having an issue running the TB then. Get a map from Vit ASAP. You could do a quick log for idle and a short drive and ask him to look at it too.

The problem is, I don't have any time to re-tune at all. I'm deploying out very very soon (don't wanna disclose anything specific due to security reasons) and wont be back for 6 months, so I'm trying to figure out if a vacuum leak is my problem before I head out.

Some other things to consider because I cannot see very well in the video.

There is a sensor underneath the RBC towards the front of the car. The wire/clip is bundled with the MAP sensor in the RBC. Is it connected?

Also, is your throttle body wire bundle loose or tight. I would hate to hear that some of the wires came loose in the clip from pulling on it. Although, it looks like you did a pretty good job with the wires from what I can tell.

they're not REALLY loose but it's definitely not tight. The other bundle that taps off the MAP sensor is indeed connected as well. I'm gonna run to auto zone again and see if i can get a new o-ring, reseating it doesn't seem to help at all

I FIXED IT!!!

Not sure which on these actually fixed it, but..... I

1. Changed the bad O-ring on the injector.
2. Teflon wrapped the elbow on the TB spacer (which i had to take off and in turn made me...)
3. Reseat the TB and spacer.
4. Replaced the vacuum hose going to the TB spacer. (the one I had was very flimsy and when hot, get even more flimsy. I think it was collapsing on itself from the vacuum. If that was even the cause)

One of these 4 things fixed it, but either way I'm very happy now and tyvm for everyone's input/advice.

Excellent to hear! It sounds like it was a mixture of issues.

Back