Need Help: Side Molding on Si Sedan

FB2Chris, that's horrible service right there man...that kinda stuff pisses me off. Unless your 'dent' had a severe crease, I don't see why a dent wizard couldn't remove it.

FB2Chris, that's horrible service right there man...that kinda stuff pisses me off. Unless your 'dent' had a severe crease, I don't see why a dent wizard couldn't remove it.

Yeah. The only reason I go to that dealership anymore is to order parts. At least the guys in the parts department there know what they're talking about.

Yeah. The only reason I go to that dealership anymore is to order parts. At least the guys in the parts department there know what they're talking about.

Yeah for sure!

Hey man I can't thank you enough for helping me with this, I'm gonna order the moldings today in hopes they come early next week cause I can't stand seeing that dent/chip every time I walk up to my car LOL

Yeah for sure!

Hey man I can't thank you enough for helping me with this, I'm gonna order the moldings today in hopes they come early next week cause I can't stand seeing that dent/chip every time I walk up to my car LOL

You familiar with the forum rewards pricing College Hills Honda offers 9thCivic members?

http://9thcivic.com/forum/threads/forum-rewards-pricing.2392/

Retail is $225 if you were to go to your local dealership.

Yeah for sure!

You're welcome, anytime. I'm going to order a set soon. Any type of mark is an eye sore lol.

So, I just ordered my side moldings....and I didn't get any sort of discount lol College Hills Honda messaged me saying my account was activated, guess it wasn't :( Oh well!

I think it only applies to replacement parts, not accessories.

So, I just ordered my side moldings....and I didn't get any sort of discount lol College Hills Honda messaged me saying my account was activated, guess it wasn't :( Oh well!

Did you pay $175 shipped? If so, the discount is there. If you look at the prices in bold viewing as a guest then log in, those prices decrease if you have the forum rewards pricing. I just ordered mine too.

Did you pay $175? If so, the discount is there. If you look at the prices in bold viewing as a guest then log in, those prices decrease if you have the forum rewards pricing. I just ordered mine too.

I think Dar-Dar is right cause when I checked the price a few months back it was the same as it was today when I ordered them, which is $159.60. So, it must only be a discount on replacement parts.

Last edited:
I think Dar-Dar is right cause when I checked the price a few months back it was the same as it was today when I ordered them, which is $159.60. So, it must only be a discount on replacement parts.

Yeah you and Dar-Dar are right. It's always been just on replacement parts. I ordered my moldings through the parts catalog and they came out to be the same price as ordering through CHH's accessory page.

yes, it's on replacement parts...but at least you're signed up now. If you need other stuff down the road, you're all set.

My chip is about 14.75" from the bottom of the door. So I'd have to install them an inch or two higher.

I don't think high is a problem(protection wise)..... but basically Coupe or 4 door, the front is guiding off the top of the frt disc brake, while the rear is guiding off the top of the rear finder well.

I see that the front can be lifted, say to the top of the wheel(not tyre), but I'm not sure what that will do for the looks at the rear.

Another line that is constant, is that the molding is parallel to the window line.

My dealers parts guy, didn't even know what a trim-tool was........

I don't think high is a problem(protection wise)..... but basically Coupe or 4 door, the front is guiding off the top of the frt disc brake, while the rear is guiding off the top of the rear finder well.

I see that the front can be lifted, say to the top of the wheel(not tyre), but I'm not sure what that will do for the looks at the rear.

Another line that is constant, is that the molding is parallel to the window line.

These look a little higher than where Honda suggests:
23b219c78ec8cd9d57f579c5b71d4c60x.jpg

These are the highest ones I've seen so far:
6305lf6_27.jpeg

The black 4 door looks close to what you'll probably do.... And being able to see one that high shows me that it will look ok(IMHO).

I'd just keep it in line with the windows and put it over the ding........ And from what I've seen in the parking lot, higher will help you more aside these tanks out there.

The red one shows a good picture of getting the molding out of line(that rear strip is sloped up out of line..... It might help to do a chalk line "pop" for the "top side" line.

Yeah for sure!

Seems like every new car I've ever bought has its "maiden" ding right on the driver door, where you see it every time you use the car. I bought my side moldings from College Hills Honda and do not regret it. These cars are way too vulnerable without it. You'll be happy with the appearance too!

The black 4 door looks close to what you'll probably do.... And being able to see one that high shows me that it will look ok(IMHO).

I'd just keep it in line with the windows and put it over the ding........ And from what I've seen in the parking lot, higher will help you more aside these tanks out there.

The red one shows a good picture of getting the molding out of line(that rear strip is sloped up out of line..... It might help to do a chalk line "pop" for the "top side" line.

Yeah the black sedan's front door molding appears to be about 15" from the bottom of the door, where my newly made paint chip sits. The door ding I have on the other hand won't be covered by the moldings as it's higher. I'll get that fixed eventually.

Back