Need Help: Side Molding on Si Sedan

In case I missed it, have you had a dent doctor type look at it. They can do good stuff, and not cost an arm and a leg. My older brother does this for a living(retiring), it's amazing magic.

In case I missed it, have you had a dent doctor type look at it. They can do good stuff, and not cost an arm and a leg. My older brother does this for a living(retiring), it's amazing magic.

Ever since I asked that Honda take care of it and not get any help, I've put it on the back burner. I want to get it looked at soon, but I only have a select few dent doctors in the area to choose from. Here's what I'm dealing with: http://s1289.photobucket.com/user/cnm313/library/Dent

Actually, the fact that it's at the front of the rear door, as opposed to the back of the front door, I'd say they can move that dent out from under the skin........... Had it been at the back of the front door that close to the edge, it would be hard to get behind that fold because there's two skins right on top of each other.

Thanks for the pictures, they do help.
I installed both the side moldings and the door edges myself, because I have to park in tight spaces and there are a lot of people that are careless when they open their doors.
I really prefer the car without the moldings, but sure I really don´t like wavy door panels. To this day, the have done very well what they are supose to do.
Looking at your picture, the moldings would be just fine.

IMG_1092.JPGIMG_1058.JPG

Last edited:
Amomicivic Thanks again! Moldings have been ordered. I'll post pics once they're installed

You´re welcome. Looking foward your results. It is a really easy installation, just take your time installing the templates and cleaning the doors with the wipes suplied. Check the CHH video at http://blog.diyhonda.com/search/label/Civic

I was really lucky to find a new set at eBay for $75 including S/H!

You´re welcome. Looking foward your results. It is a really easy installation, just take your time installing the templates and cleaning the doors with the wipes suplied. Check the CHH video at http://blog.diyhonda.com/search/label/Civic

I was really lucky to find a new set at eBay for $75 including S/H!

Thanks!

Yeah, it looks like cake work...it'll be just a little trickier cause I may have to mount them 0.25'' higher, but all I have to do is fold the lower edge of the template up 0.25'', shouldn't be too hard.

Wow! You made out. I found my OEM window visors on Amazon for $105 including S/H, CHH wanted $130.

Thanks!

Yeah, it looks like cake work...it'll be just a little trickier cause I may have to mount them 0.25'' higher, but all I have to do is fold the lower edge of the template up 0.25'', shouldn't be too hard.

Wow! You made out. I found my OEM window visors on Amazon for $105 including S/H, CHH wanted $130.

Don´t worry. The templates align with the character line of the doors, so it´s easy to install the moldings as higher as you want, simply mark the align mark 0.25" lower and you´re done.

Back