New from San Diego - Bought 2013 Si!

Thanks buddy.

2012 Civic Si Sedan - 26039 Miles - I can get it 20523 OTD. Good deal?

Thanks buddy.

Welcome......
There's an oil consumption issue with that model, which is limited to a range of vin#s, there are ppl on here that will be able to get in depth on this, and it's no reason not to get it(since it's a fix from Honda on the record they will pay for).

Hmm alright. I'm not too worried about that if Honda will fix it themselves. I just checked the VIN from the dealership vs the Service Bulletin 12-069 and my VIN does fall within the parameters

Civic VIN
2HGFB6E52CH703144

2012 Civic Si 4-Door : From VIN: 2HGFB6E...H700001 thru 2HGFB6E...H703802

Thanks buddy.
what is the list price of the car without tax? You can compare that price to the kelly blue book value on used cars here -

http://www.kbb.com/used-cars/

Just put the miles/options etc into that and see what you can expect to pay at a dealership/private party.

what is the list price of the car without tax? You can compare that price to the kelly blue book value on used cars here -

http://www.kbb.com/used-cars/

Just put the miles/options etc into that and see what you can expect to pay at a dealership/private party.

I actually did that. KBB with the options said 18,671 without tax, state fees, registration etc

I actually did that. KBB with the options said 18,671 without tax, state fees, registration etc
and how does that compare to the price they have the car listed at? (not the otd price)

Oh oops, forgot to mention what they wanted. They list there price at 19,655. Here is the link to the car

2012 Civic Si

With it being in the vin range for potential oil consumption, and the price they have it listed at.... I'd pass. Or, I'd fight for at least another grand off the price. You may not have oil issues, but some users had to fight to get the repairs done. It requires you to come in every 1k miles for them to test your oil levels, and then it has to be approved. Some dealers just say the oil consumption is "normal". Others haven't had to put up much of a fight and their dealership repaired it. You'll be without a car while the repairs are done, as they have to tear into the block to replace the piston rings and a few other items. It's not a real quick fix. Just so you're aware of what you could be looking at.

Hmm okay good to know. I never knew about the oil consumption issue until @Monk mentioned it, checked the VIN range and it was right there. I already asked if they would even do 20k flat and they said no with a straight face. Gonna pass it up for the time being. For some reason it's difficult to find a Civic Si in San Diego that isn't a brand new 2013

Starting to look like according to KBB I can get a 2013 for a very nice price

https://www.dropbox.com/s/2l2p4x2gato9wf7/2013 civic.PNG

Last edited:
Hmm defiantly looks different. I can defiantly do that blue with some nice white rims with a nice offset. Wonder how long till stealerships start receiving 2014 Civics in. But still looking at a 2013 Civic Si atm I did a rueCar price with USAA discount, other various discounts, plus military discount.. 20709 before taxes, tite, fees etc
2014-Honda-Civic-Coupe-front-three-quarters.JPG.jpg

Hmm defiantly looks different. I can defiantly do that blue with some nice white rims with a nice offset. Wonder how long till stealerships start receiving 2014 Civics in. But still looking at a 2013 Civic Si atm I did a rueCar price with USAA discount, other various discounts, plus military discount.. 20709 before taxes, tite, fees etc
2014-Honda-Civic-Coupe-front-three-quarters.JPG.jpg
march/april on the SI models.... the non-si models are arriving now. A few have posted coupes that their dealerships already received.

Damn, Why Honda must you make me wait. I actually just got a call from doing a TrueCar signup for what I was looking for. 2013 Si w/ Navi I was listed 21,339 for a 2013 Civic Si from that Dealership with the email I got with cert and discounts. That's before taxes and title etc

much better deal on that.... a year newer, no miles, and you don't have to be concerned over the oil issue.

Very true. I just got another call from another dealership since I went through Truecar, I may even get a better deal than the once I listed with Navi. Not concerned with Navi because I wanted to get my own, slap it in, and feed TorquePro on the screen for other sensors.

Thinking a 2013 may be the route at this time. No miles, no oil issue, got the factory warranty to myself.

Back