New K&N SRI

You can hear it right after vtec it sounds like a air sound if u listen close is this common?
Could just be intake sucking air like normal but once I get to 5500rmp you can hear it
Aftermarket intakes usually create a suction sound when youre hammering the throttle, thats normal. It should be a background 'whoosh' noise though, not a super loud turbulent wind sound

Nah I think yours is fine. Mine did that too. It should make a suction noise. I can't hear mine anymore after installing my exhaust.
Yes it is like a suction noise when I get closer to redline you can hear it a bit more but on YouTube you can't hear it and I tryed uploading a vid from my iPhone and it won't work

I thought I heard a whistle in there. Only thing I can think of would be to triple check all of the hose clamps and to make sure that the valve cover vent tube is secure at both ends.

Ive been reading that this intake loses power over stock especially in the top rpm range. Is it this way also after flashpro? I know vit said the only gains intake wise was the prl 3.5 inch. I just like k&n and don't want to have to relocate the battery and mess with the clutch line and I'm getting tired of looking at the stock intake.

Ive been reading that this intake loses power over stock especially in the top rpm range. Is it this way also after flashpro? I know vit said the only gains intake wise was the prl 3.5 inch. I just like k&n and don't want to have to relocate the battery and mess with the clutch line and I'm getting tired of looking at the stock intake.
Yes but if your going to do it, do it right @Bulkybear. That's my moto.
I had the K&N SRI on my 2012 but it's not going on my 2014. IF I do change the intake I would strongly be considering the PRL CAI with Hondata.

Yes but if your going to do it, do it right @Bulkybear. That's my moto.
I had the K&N SRI on my 2012 but it's not going on my 2014. IF I do change the intake I would strongly be considering the PRL CAI with Hondata.
@Bulkybear I also really appreciate @VitViper providing us with all of the information he does. The proof is in the pudding. The dyno chart is right there in front of your eyes. You can't argue with that.
I do like the tone of the K&N but I would rather have the power and give up some sound. Like I said before. If I'm looking to add power I'm going to go about it properly.
More power cost more money so if you're not willing to except that be happy with what you have.
That's my 2 cents worth ;)

I hear ya there. I'm mainly after asthetics for now. So I may just change the intake tube for the time being. Planning on supercharging at some point as well so I didnt wanna do a lot with the intake for now.

Back