New pioneer app radio, dash adapter, and wire harness

Schwegs89

Vineland, NJ
Vehicle Model
Civic Si
Body Style
Sedan
Hey guys, I have had my 2012 si sedan since July and now I'm finally modding it. I bought the Pioneer App radio. I never use CD's so this was the best bang for buck unit. It has Nav, Bluetooth , and a bunch of great features. I will be making a DIY thread but this thread is to show parts needed and I will be pic heavy to show all product numbers. This is the unit itself and I will post the other parts later today. Thanks

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1356048173.171335.jpg

Thanks I'm going to try and install tomorrow (weather permitting) its pouring out now and is going to continue into tomorrow.

Just curious as to why the harness adapters has rca's on it. Most aftermarket radios already have rca pre outs for sub rear and front channels. What are the ones on the harness used for?

Lol I was actually thinking the same thing. When I go to install tomorrow I will figure out what they are used/not used for. I hope my local store gave me the right adapter.

Will do! I'm just happy the only features I'm loosing are the steering wheel controls(which you don't have to but I don't use them anyway), Bluetooth controls, and just the radio screen on imid. I thought I was loosing the whole imid feature but it still works according to all the double din guys I talk to.

Will do! I'm just happy the only features I'm loosing are the steering wheel controls(which you don't have to but I don't use them anyway), Bluetooth controls, and just the radio screen on imid. I thought I was loosing the whole imid feature but it still works according to all the double din guys I talk to.
The double din guys are correct. There are programmable modules you can install and map the steering wheel buttons to certain functions so you don't loose them. And you can keep Bluetooth through the head unit if yours includes it.

Yea my HU has BT so I keep that. With the big touch screen right there in my face I feel it's a waste of money for my steering wheel controls. It's prob around 75 dollars which could go towards my turbo fund :)!

So I installed my app radio today! Took longer then expected but came out great. I got so involved I stopped taking pics but here is a few so you guys can get started. I ended up needing a line out converter because our audio systems are amplified. Also the HU I got had no OS system (wtf) so I went on pioneers website downloaded on to a micro sd and installed the newest updates n firmware.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1356133187.181047.jpg
Disconnect neg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1356133209.728802.jpg
2 Phillips under controls
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1356133240.389169.jpg
Pops right out
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1356133264.777668.jpg
Pull off cluster pops right off but be gentle
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1356133303.707590.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1356133319.832431.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1356133334.603540.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1356133354.160011.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1356133367.263514.jpg
Under dash there are 2 Phillips but I used 3/8ths ratchet
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1356133416.695257.jpg
Then boom! Lol like I said I got so involved I stopped taking pics but this is the final pic. Hope I kinda helped!

You shouldn't ever have to use a LOC with an aftermarket deck. The harness adapter should either feed the stock amp like the stock deck does or come with a connector to bypass it. If running aftermarket amps those can be fed straight from the preamps off of the aftermarket deck.

That's what I thought but on the harness there where aux plus or the speakers, so in order to hook up to the speakers I needed to use it. It came out perfect though sounds nice and crisp. I bought a relay so I can bypass the e brake I'm posting a pic of what numbers to plug the wires into now.

Sounds like there should be a connector to jump the speaker inputs of the stock amp to the speaker wires on the output side so that the speaker wires from your head feeds the speakers and bypassed the amp. You've done a very nice job don't take me the wrong way but if you need an LOC to wire up an aftermarket head then somethings wrong. In the very least I would have spliced the speaker outs from the aftermarket head to the speaker outputs of the stock amp but even that should be covered by a harness adapter.

Looks like the RCA's on the harness adapter you got connect to the pre outs on your aftermarket deck and those will feed the stock amp through your harness.
da8y3a3u.jpg

Yea but there where no aux wires or plugs like that. I think that's why I needed it? Idk I've have seen that before so I guess I took a dif route. But thanks for the info. Did you see the way to relay the e brake so ( a passenger can watch movies while In motion) lol

The harness in your pic in then first post has the rca plugs in was asking about. I believe those plug into the rca outputs on your aftermarket deck and that's how the signal is fed to the stock amp from the aftermarket head. On the ebrake thing I have no clue. That's not something I've messed with yet.

Back