New pioneer app radio, dash adapter, and wire harness

I prob wasted some money but I'm just happy it's in and works like a champ. I installed all new software n firmware but the Bluetooth sounds like the phone was dropped in water lol. I'm calling pioneer tomorrow

OK I think I see what you did. If this is the case then your correct.
maba2yzy.jpg

Judging by this your deck only has one pre out and its for the rear channel. So they just used the LOC to feed the RCA's in your harness from the speaker wires. That's a good way to do it since if you fed everything off of the pre outs you would only have 2 channels of signal going to everything. This is good info though so thanks for that. This let's me know that the harness does in fact feed the amp and not bypass it but also for my application I need to get a deck that has front, rear, and sub pre outs.

i thought all EX's came with premium sound wich is just a 6 speaker system(4speakers+2tweeters)???? and they come with a external amp for the deck? lol kinda makes sense since the deck is sooo tiny behind the dash....

ex coupes have the 360watt 6 speaker setup
ex sedans have 160watt 6 speaker setups

ex coupes have the 360watt 6 speaker setup
ex sedans have 160watt 6 speaker setups

what....? lol i feel so raped.... lucky i upgraded my headunit, altho its only 200w, its quite abit louder, then i added 2 amps, 1000w for a sub and 120w for rear components... i did think bigger, but i need/want as much trunk space as i can get.... altho we all know get a decent 10"sub in an enclosed box and put as much as power in it as you can afford.... but my days of bleeding ear drums are over....

what....? lol i feel so raped.... lucky i upgraded my headunit, altho its only 200w, its quite abit louder, then i added 2 amps, 1000w for a sub and 120w for rear components... i did think bigger, but i need/want as much trunk space as i can get.... altho we all know get a decent 10"sub in an enclosed box and put as much as power in it as you can afford.... but my days of bleeding ear drums are over....
It's not always about the wattage. I've heard 500 watt systems that are louder and cleaner than 1500 watt systems. It's all in how you adjust it. So don't feel bad you only have x number of watts :D

It's not always about the wattage. I've heard 500 watt systems that are louder and cleaner than 1500 watt systems. It's all in how you adjust it. So don't feel bad you only have x number of watts :D

thanks bro, i dont feel bad... like u said, its a clean sounding system ... i have a 2400w 12" dual voice coil sub in a ported sub box and a 2000w amp in my 2001 DX, in 2 minutes of that thing cranked my ears are bleeding.. no thank you, same reason i'll never delete my cat on my 2012 EX.... even tho i kno the power gains would be amazing... especially when it hits Vtec....

Loudest system I've heard is a 10k watt with 4 15s in a wall right behind your head. I couldn't stand it. Way too much. Even my 2 12s I had in my civic started giving me headaches.

Here is a simpler pic of what I did with the line out converter. The purple, grey, and white are the aux wires from the harness that I was talking about.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1356216749.760691.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1356216763.382736.jpg

Yeah I see what you did and you're right, you had to because that deck only has 1 set of pre outs. I assumed it had pre outs for rear front and subs but I was wrong. I just figured it would because that became the norm 10 years ago when I used to compete in car audio. There were actually a few decks back then that had no internal amp and only pre outs because everyone was using aftermarket amps.

Yea so now when I install a system I have that one set I can use for my subs. I want the Memphis m5

This is true. I'm glad to know that so I know to pay attention to the pre outs before I buy a deck. I really really like that appradio so it kinda bums me out there's only 1 set.

Yea but I'm not even sure if I want a system. And this is the app radio 1 not the 2 so I would look into it

I might look into the 2. The reason I mentioned the pre outs isn't for adding a system, which I already have, its just that I would feel better going straight from the pre outs to the stock amp instead of having to use a LOC. One of the side goals I have for getting an aftermarket deck in the first place is to get rid of my LOC.

Oh Tru. When I get the cash il prob buy the top of the line pioneer nav and sell my app radio so I won't need the loc

the z140bh is supposed to have a lot of the app radio functions but i dont have an iphone to try it out with

Yeah I think I'm just going to go for a double din touchscreen as I don't have an iPhone, I use android. May try to get one with nav. Then again I may just use a tablet as my head unit if I can swing the extra expense.

what still works with the steeringwheel controls
can u use the bluetooth buttons or turn volume up and down and skip front and back and change sources?

Back