New ride! It’s turbo, it is a civic? Maybe....

How long till the next car is purchased?????

• 1 week

Votes: 2 16.7%
  • 2 weeks

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 3 weeks

• 1 month

Votes: 1 8.3%
  • 2 months

Votes: 3 25.0%
  • 3 months

• 4-5months

• 6-8 months

Votes: 2 16.7%
  • 8 months to 1 yr ...cmon guys

Votes: 1 8.3%
  • 1yr+ ..why is this even here

Votes: 3 25.0%

• Total voters
Dude in my neighborhood got one. Sold his evo for it. Wanted to hate it then he dropped it on bags, rims and threw on an exhaust now I'm having some thoughts about getting a new ride. I've seen some listed under 20k with under 40k on them.

So he didn’t get approved for the loan! I knew I shouldn’t get my hopes up lol I mean their isn’t anything wrong with the Audi, its a blast and looks awesome. I was talking to another buddy the other day and he said why don’t you go bigger turbo on the audi (Golf R/Audi S3 IS38 Turbo) and just buy an SRT-4 and build that... they’re cheap and can make some good power pretty cheap too.

so that’s what’s been stuck in my head for the last couple of days lol

Dude in my neighborhood got one. Sold his evo for it. Wanted to hate it then he dropped it on bags, rims and threw on an exhaust now I'm having some thoughts about getting a new ride. I've seen some listed under 20k with under 40k on them.

those things are amazing man! I’ve seen some really nice ones on IG.

So he didn’t get approved for the loan! I knew I shouldn’t get my hopes up lol I mean their isn’t anything wrong with the Audi, its a blast and looks awesome. I was talking to another buddy the other day and he said why don’t you go bigger turbo on the audi (Golf R/Audi S3 IS38 Turbo) and just buy an SRT-4 and build that... they’re cheap and can make some good power pretty cheap too.

giphy.gif

You do realize that if you get an SRT-4, you'd be having to ask sunofwolf of all people for mechanical advice, right? Look, I presume he was a pleasant and considerate person before he bought that Neon. I don't want to see the same thing happen to you. Please reconsider!

giphy.gif

You do realize that if you get an SRT-4, you'd be having to ask sunofwolf of all people for mechanical advice, right? Look, I presume he was a pleasant and considerate person before he bought that Neon. I don't want to see the same thing happen to you. Please reconsider!

yeah well Im just looking around, my mind is not set. I just love the look of the SRT-4 and the way it sounds. But yeah I’ve been reading alot and im not too happy with what I’ve seen so far lol

Does it apply to the SRT-4? I know they have a different motor/drivetrain. I’ve been reading that they can catch on fire due to some wiring issues in the dash.

PLENTY of better cars to grab before an SRT-4. What’s your price range for a project car?

Also, I BEEN saying you need an IS38!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I know, I just have a soft spot for them lol but yeah Im not liking what Im reading so far. My max if I keep the audi is 10k, I’ve also been looking at an EP3 I know it doesn’t have the best engine stock and its not everyone’s cup of tea but as you may know I had one about 10 years (damn that sounds like a long time ago) and it was the car I had at the time when my wife and I started dating, I really want one again because it brings me memories everytime I see one my wife even agrees. If I boost the it and make 400hp I’d be happy.

yes sir! It will happen for sure! Im going to buy a new one though because I don’t trust those seller selling those “low miles” IS38 turbos. My next mod for sure is an intercooler, as you know that with our platform (atleast the audi) there is not front mount intercooler they all go behind the radiator, well after hours I MEAN HOURS lol of searching I saw a guy on IG running an GTI MK7 front mount of his a3 quattro, on his post he said he had to cut something in the bumper but it fits perfectly, I sent him a message to explain how exactly he did it but he didn’t reply so Im going to attempt it myself because I know it can be done. Plus it’s cheaper.

C00CB638-E563-4490-A54F-57169BA89EA9.jpeg

Hell Yeah! Get a blue SRT4! :thumbsup:

$10k can buy you a lot of car. Evo, S2000, 8th Gen Si, DSM, WRX, etc..

Intercooler wise I’d recommend looking at the IE unit. Out-flows the rest and fits into the stock location. Those front mounts are tiny compared to the rest.

jaime at pfi's youtube channel has one and breaks all the time and is slow because they are cinder blocks of cars (heavy). And the thing is built. Although you can take a cheap auto tranny out of a dodge minivan from a similar year and mount it to the engine without an adapter. So no clutch, 1,2,3rd no lift shift and supposedly they are bullet proof. They just use a shift linkage adapter that lets you shift from the floor instead of the tree. Makes them a ton faster. I mean there's potential as much as I dont want to admit it but weight reduction is a thing you'd have to keep in mind if you want to make a fast car.

Keep the Audi...

Does it apply to the SRT-4? I know they have a different motor/drivetrain. I’ve been reading that they can catch on fire due to some wiring issues in the dash.

Oh no, my friend-- not just Neons! A lot of Dodges from that time period were prone to fire, caused by an oil-system flaw that wouldn't be massaged out until the later aughts. Dodges to this day seem to have electrical gremlins baked-in right off the lot. They can range from annoying ( Dome lights coming on over speed bumps ) to catastrophic (Electrical fires, like you mentioned ).

Pictured below is a Dodge Intrepid, notorious for oil fires.

f4a0aac0-5f28-1031-83d1-a6ebaa90d167r.jpg

$10k can buy you a lot of car. Evo, S2000, 8th Gen Si, DSM, WRX, etc..

Intercooler wise I’d recommend looking at the IE unit. Out-flows the rest and fits into the stock location. Those front mounts are tiny compared to the rest.

An Evo for 10k??? I’ve never seen one for that much. That’s what I would like.

Yea. Doesn’t alter crash test results and whatnot going to srt over base

jaime at pfi's youtube channel has one and breaks all the time and is slow because they are cinder blocks of cars (heavy). And the thing is built. Although you can take a cheap auto tranny out of a dodge minivan from a similar year and mount it to the engine without an adapter. So no clutch, 1,2,3rd no lift shift and supposedly they are bullet proof. They just use a shift linkage adapter that lets you shift from the floor instead of the tree. Makes them a ton faster. I mean there's potential as much as I dont want to admit it but weight reduction is a thing you'd have to keep in mind if you want to make a fast car.

Keep the Audi...

Oh no, my friend-- not just Neons! A lot of Dodges from that time period were prone to fire, caused by an oil-system flaw that wouldn't be massaged out until the later aughts. Dodges to this day seem to have electrical gremlins baked-in right off the lot. They can range from annoying ( Dome lights coming on over speed bumps ) to catastrophic (Electrical fires, like you mentioned ).

Pictured below is a Dodge Intrepid, notorious for oil fires.

wow I had no idea lol definitely good to throw things and thoughts at you all! I appreciate it!

Back