new to the honda scene

cremowheat13

I just bought a 2015 civic lx and want to put exhaust and coor air or ram air bu5 dont want to break the bank. I know I k ow you get what you pay for I just want a little bit more performance and a decent low tone from my exhaust without sounding too farty! So far im having trouble finding exhaust that fits the 2015. Does the same stuff from 2014 fit? I've been a mus lec ar guy til now and dont kno anything about hondas and would appreciate the help guys im never gonna run her on the track so im not doing turbo id consider headers as well but any help yall can give me would be awesome

I don't have lx.is your car coupe or sedan?

I am a total n00b when it comes to parts for R18. Anyway Greedy, Skunk2, Borla they make exhausts for your car. You should watch videos to see how loud they are. Skunk2 is the loudest exhaust.

Anything from the 2012+ will work on the 2015. There aren't a ton of options for the lx, but there is an exhaust list in my signature below.

Welcome to the forum & congrats on the new car!

To be honest with you, the R18 is a great economy engine. However, it does not respond well to power mods. If you are hoping to get the advertised hp gains from parts you bolt on, you most likely will be disappointed. I would say skip the intake as it will definitely not gain you much but buy an exhaust if you want a different sound for your car. I think that's worth doing but I'd hate for you to buy expensive parts that don't get you what you want.

If you just like working on your car and want to get an intake for the fun of it and to have a project to do, then go for it! A drop in K&N filter will probably net you the same HP gains as a $200 intake. There is also no real "header" on your car. It's a single pipe that runs straight into the cat from a single exhaust port on the engine. The manifold is cast into the block as well so you can't do too much there. Swapping the cat for a "test pipe" as it's called can definitely free up some power and a whole lot of noise! Catless may not be an option for you though depending on where you live and personal preference.

That said, the car is great and should return very good gas mileage for you. I have an LX myself and so do many other people on the site. I don't have a 15' specifically but if you have more questions ask and everyone will try and point you in the right direction. At the end of the day it's your car and you should do what you want with it that makes you happy.

I just realized that you have an LX. I thought you had an Si.
I have the Takeda intake and also added a throttle body spacer (made by P2R). I did feel a difference in power after installing these 2 parts, but nothing extraordinary. Sound is definitely better. I don't have an aftermarket exhaust. There is now Hondata FlashPro and K Tuner available. This is probably the best way to make power with any mods on this car.

Last edited:
Reactions: Nix
Welcome to the forum & congrats on the new car!

To be honest with you, the R18 is a great economy engine. However, it does not respond well to power mods. If you are hoping to get the advertised hp gains from parts you bolt on, you most likely will be disappointed. I would say skip the intake as it will definitely not gain you much but buy an exhaust if you want a different sound for your car. I think that's worth doing but I'd hate for you to buy expensive parts that don't get you what you want.

If you just like working on your car and want to get an intake for the fun of it and to have a project to do, then go for it! A drop in K&N filter will probably net you the same HP gains as a $200 intake. There is also no real "header" on your car. It's a single pipe that runs straight into the cat from a single exhaust port on the engine. The manifold is cast into the block as well so you can't do too much there. Swapping the cat for a "test pipe" as it's called can definitely free up some power and a whole lot of noise! Catless may not be an option for you though depending on where you live and personal preference.

That said, the car is great and should return very good gas mileage for you. I have an LX myself and so do many other people on the site. I don't have a 15' specifically but if you have more questions ask and everyone will try and point you in the right direction. At the end of the day it's your car and you should do what you want with it that makes you happy.
Thanks i appreciate the feedback and yeah i guess im more looking for a better sound and look under the hood than i am hp but every little bit helps! Thanks again

If I had that car I would look to maximize fuel economy not performance. There is a night and day difference between a real built Honda and an R18 fuel economy engine. LX is built for lemmings looking to save $. Are you CVT or manual? Manual trans is very rare for a 15 LX..

If I had that car I would look to maximize fuel economy not performance. There is a night and day difference between a real built Honda and an R18 fuel economy engine. LX is built for lemmings looking to save $. Are you CVT or manual? Manual trans is very rare for a 15 LX..
Yeah mine is a manual all om really looking to do is a. Improve econony and b. Improve hp a tad im not looking for a race car bro jut lookin for a little help getting on the freeway its really more about the sound than anything

Ibwas but i just did an axle back and im looking i to a test pipe but ive also heard that it sounds great to put a glasspack on instead of a test pipe any info on that?

Eh, the "test pipe" is going to replace the stock down pipe on your car. There isn't a "header" on these cars just the down pipe from the exhaust manifold. The exhaust dumps straight out the front of the engine and directly into the main cat. The test pipe replaces that part. You can't replace that with a glass pack. A glass pack would have to be custom welded in most likely into the mid pipe somewhere towards the muffler. Glass packs are more of an alternative to a resonator. They change the sound of the exhaust but you generally find them further back on the exhaust near the muffler.

The test pipe does free up a lot of power but also a ton of noise as well. You also wouldn't be able to pass emissions if you needed to since the cat would be gone.

Heres the engine pic if its easier to understand. The cat is the big round thing.

9eec81637ea03a9409da0b7a2abfedea.gif

Back