Official 2013 MLB Thread

Cubs ! :hiding: use to play baseball as a kid, cousin heavily supported me with mounds of baseball cards and go to games. not so much anymore tho =\ im kind of sad but excited to see the new layout of Wrigley

Getting ready to go get stupid drunk at the Phillies game. My only night game in the package, should be a good time :)

Its finally baseball time!

Phillies fan here. Went to see them get smoked by Toronto in an exhibition game yesterday and I have the Sunday package so plenty more games to come.

I live in Houston where I think we have a team called the Astros. They have been a less than stellar team for quite some time. It seems they just cannot hit the baseball.... which makes winning tough. 2013 is their first year in the American League and, I guess, the new owner thought the best way to present and market this team, was to restrict television access. I believe there has been only once game on TV for those who do not subscribe to Comcast. As I understand it, if a fan wants to watch the Astros, they have to drop Dish or whatever other service they have, and subscribe to Comcast (previously Warner Cable). I wrote to the Astros and wished them well with their new marketing strategy. I've not received a response for their public relations arm, if one exists.

Unbelieveably, it's easier to watch the Cubs or Pale Hose, from my real home town, than the Astros from my new home town.

Last edited:
I live in Houston where I think we have a team called the Astros. They have been a less than stellar team for quite some time. It seems they just cannot hit the baseball.... which makes winning tough. 2013 is their first year in the American League and, I guess, the new owner thought the best way to present and market this team, was to restrict television access. I believe there has been only once game on TV for those who do not subscribe to Comcast. As I understand it, if a fan wants to watch the Astros, they have to drop Dish or whatever other service they have, and subscribe to Comcast (previously Warner Cable). I wrote to the Astros and wished them well with their new marketing strategy. I've not received a response for their public relations arm, if one exists.

Unbelieveably, it's easier to watch the Cubs or Pale Hose, from my real home town, than the Astros from my new home town.

They kinda did the same with the braves. They're off free TV and on cable now, some games are blacked out on dish.

It's about money now. No longer about sport or the game.

Let's go Rays!
i1hz1w5ehzpt71c5da51otd7g.gif

I believe the AL EAST will end this way
Tampa
Toronto
Baltimore
NY
Boston

with Tampa and Toronto running away with the division
I like the way you think

Upton brothers killed it tonight. That is all
You're welcome