Official Computer Talk Thread

ahh, I thought the parts pic was the 3 monitor setup. All good

Damn Christina.. Confusing us :P

I wish I had a desk that had enough space for two monitors.. :( One 24" Samsung just fits.

my command center:

IMAG0088.jpg

Desktop: photo/video editing and media server
AMD Phenom II x4 995 Black Edition
8 gig (4x2gig) DDR3 1600
EVGA GeForce GTS 250 1gb
Gateway 23in LCD
Samsung 17in LCD

Macbook Pro 15in i7
Lenovo Ideapad S10-3 netbook
Dell L701x
Ibm Thinkpad T60

Thinkpad only runs ubuntu and is used for a few random pieces of software and nerd boredom.
Dell is my HTPC in the living room, movies and music are streamed from the desktop
Netbook is for class and when i have to go to someones house to play IT guy

No pictures of the inside of the desktop, its not pretty and full of hard drives

i tend to stockpile computers, there were two more in my apartment when i took that picture that i was working on in the other room

ic... I was just looking at the pic above, and saw 1 card. I know there are single cards that can support 4, I just didn't know how you did it.
Yeah, the newer ones can. Back when I built this in 07 I was running two XFX 8800GTX's. The use of the same driver for both meant they would work with multiple monitors, thankfully.
The pictures only show one video card.

That desk looks so small yet so inviting.

The desk is quite large.. The outer screens are 19" and 26" in the middle. I<3 the desk though. My mother loved mine so much that she bought herself one for her office. lol

my command center:

Desktop: photo/video editing and media server
AMD Phenom II x4 995 Black Edition
8 gig (4x2gig) DDR3 1600
EVGA GeForce GTS 250 1gb
Gateway 23in LCD
Samsung 17in LCD

Macbook Pro 15in i7
Lenovo Ideapad S10-3 netbook
Dell L701x
Ibm Thinkpad T60

Thinkpad only runs ubuntu and is used for a few random pieces of software and nerd boredom.
Dell is my HTPC in the living room, movies and music are streamed from the desktop
Netbook is for class and when i have to go to someones house to play IT guy

No pictures of the inside of the desktop, its not pretty and full of hard drives

Holy Crap! And you use them all?!? ^_^

i tend to stockpile computers, there were two more in my apartment when i took that picture that i was working on in the other room

You don't say.. LOL

Holy Crap! And you use them all?!? ^_^

You don't say.. LOL

Mostly, the mac is the computer i use daily and take to class, video/photography and papers are done on the desktop cause its more comfortable, netbook is part of my computer/network repair kit and also used on presentation days since the mac doesnt always play nice with classroom projectors, dell plays hd movies and tv shows on my tv using xmbc and hulu desktop. I used to use the t60 more when i was doing research in computational fluid dynamics, all the processing was done on a remote server farm on campus and i just needed a terminal to work from, the laptop meant i could do it from home or random places on campus and store local files on the terminal

the two not in the picture, one needed a new screen which ive since replaced and given to my dad since he needed one and the other needs a new logic board and then should be fine.

Computers dont die to me, they just become spare parts for other computers

Computers dont die to me, they just become spare parts for other computers

Yeah I agree.

I only have my desktop (and HP Touchpad which is running Android ICS) but I just use my desktop for BF3, car forums, Facebook and pr0n.

I'm looking to get a laptop for around $500... but not sure what to get...

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Don't even get Ethan started on his camera gear either, lol.

Back