Official Computer Talk Thread

If you want to remove the Windows 10 notification:

kill the GWX.exe task and uninstall KB3035583. Then in windows update hide the KB3035583 and you will not be prompted again.

Home Office.... When gaming (as CPU and GPU temps rise) I have my office door closed and in the summer months it gets pretty hot (even with the house AC and ceiling fan on). I am trying to think of other options to keep the office cool while I am in there.

Anyone here have a Portable AC Unit for their home office? If so how much electricity does it use?

Thanks.

Home Office.... When gaming (as CPU and GPU temps rise) I have my office door closed and in the summer months it gets pretty hot (even with the house AC and ceiling fan on). I am trying to think of other options to keep the office cool while I am in there.

Anyone here have a Portable AC Unit for their home office? If so how much electricity does it use?

Thanks.

I do have one of those portable ac units, but I haven't used it yet this summer to see how it effects my utility bill. but I do know that it will take a room that averaged about 85-90 degrees with the consoles and computer on down to a nice comfortable 72 easily.

I do have one of those portable ac units, but I haven't used it yet this summer to see how it effects my utility bill. but I do know that it will take a room that averaged about 85-90 degrees with the consoles and computer on down to a nice comfortable 72 easily.

Thanks. I'd like to hear about how much it effects your bill. I will see later tonight how hot my office gets while gaming with the door closed.

Thanks. I'd like to hear about how much it effects your bill. I will see later tonight how hot my office gets while gaming with the door closed.

That was my old bedroom. I no longer live there, and my new place has adequate ac so I haven't had to break out the portable unit. If I do though I can tell you how much my bill went up for the particular month I use it in. I hung on to it cause I was thinking about being spoiled and using it in the garage during the summer to keep myself cool while I work.

Office Door Opened - Ceiling Fan on - AC temp set to 75F - Playing BF4 : 78F is the office temp

Will test later with door closed.

I only close it when the wife is watching TV or if she is sleeping since I'm on TeamSpeak chatting with friends. Sometimes I get loud while gaming :giggle: We live in a rancher-single floor house.

I get told that I'm deaf all the time while I'm playing games.

I get told that I'm deaf all the time while I'm playing games.

Well I might rage (if someone kills me) or I might say some choice words.. :giggle: Also she doesn't want to hear me talking to online friends lol

Door Opened (Ceiling Fan On) - BF4 for 1.5 hours - 79.2F in the office according to temperature gauge I have on my desk by me.

I have a portable AC unit and know it doesn't use as much power and a comparable window or wall AC unit. Can't tell you how much it affects the bill because at the same time we have our regular AC on as well as other things in the summer that usually aren't drawing power in the winter

Too much work involved. I like my closed loop h100i cpu cooler. I could get a GPU liquid cooler but don't think it would lower my room temps that much..

Why mineral oil? It has a bad heat capacity compared to water. It would make things run hotter.

Now you're talkng awesome if you do some sort of coolant that does phase change at 60C. That would squash any temperature rise above that point quite well. Or just make it liquid metal. :)

It's not used as cooling. It's essentially like a fish aquarium the whole computer sits in. Mineral oil doesn't conduct electricity.

PiQuEn1.jpg

Back