Official Computer Talk Thread

Where are the arm rests!? My office chair has to have armrests!

Nice coilover you got there. Is it adjustable?

Haha, yes it is an adjustable coilover. You can adjust the tension for how much it bounces. The point is that it moves. I can't sit still.... Hence the nickname twitch my friends have me in college.

I find the arms actually get in the way. I'm a project manager/designer and I spend most of my day in CAD. The desk is height adjustable and I actually stand for a good portion of the day.

I hear all about the ergonomics and new age crap everyday. Most of it is nothing more than the latest fad. But I went through the gambit of all of the expensive chairs we sell and this is still the one I sit in. And I work 10-14 hour days.

Haha, yes it is an adjustable coilover. You can adjust the tension for how much it bounces. The point is that it moves. I can't sit still.... Hence the nickname twitch my friends have me in college.

I find the arms actually get in the way. I'm a project manager/designer and I spend most of my day in CAD. The desk is height adjustable and I actually stand for a good portion of the day.

I hear all about the ergonomics and new age crap everyday. Most of it is nothing more than the latest fad. But I went through the gambit of all of the expensive chairs we sell and this is still the one I sit in. And I work 10-14 hour days.

I would love an adjustable desk. After working retail for 15 years and being on my feet all the time, sitting all day gets annoying. I find myself getting up to walk a round quite often because of it. Good office chairs are ridiculously expensive. I have told my boss, if I ever leave, mine is going to mysteriously disappear because I love it so much. Couldn't bring myself to shell out the cash for one at home though.

I would love an adjustable desk. After working retail for 15 years and being on my feet all the time, sitting all day gets annoying. I find myself getting up to walk a round quite often because of it. Good office chairs are ridiculously expensive. I have told my boss, if I ever leave, mine is going to mysteriously disappear because I love it so much. Couldn't bring myself to shell out the cash for one at home though.

I don't blame you, it's way too much for home. The perk of working for my company is I get to design the office/showroom we work out of. Therefore we always have the latest and greatest, and all the old stuff has to go somewhere.

On almost every project I do the management never wants to shell out the money for chairs. I always have to shame them into spending a little bit of money on their employees. You can get some good chairs for $300, but they want to spend less than $100.

You can get some good chairs for $300, but they want to spend less than $100.

:rotfl: :screwy:

Mine was nearly $800, but that was with a discount because do so much business with the office furnishings company.

I have one of these. I couldn't recommend it more. Be warned, they are pricey.

http://www.steelcase.com/products/office-chairs/amia/

$689.00... :rotfl: No way am I spending that much. :shakeshead:

I'm looking at around $150. It doesn't have to be AWESOME just okay/good... lol

Good chairs are expensive. I sit in a $1500 chair at work. Granted I work for a commercial furniture company.

I didn't say it had to be good... Let's go with fair then? :giggle:

This is for my home office. I paid around $100 for my last chair (still in the office but it's broken) but it lasted just about 10 years! :omg: I don't have a company paying for it.. $300, $500, $800, $1000, $1500 is WAY too much for me.

This is the chair I have now that is on it's last leg. I loved that thing. I am currently using my wife's office chair and it sucks.. Hurts my back since I'm taller (has a low back).

DT_102110_2.jpg

I have a seat out of my old civic that I was considering making into an office chair at one point. I just never got the motivation to do it.

I could be sitting in the chair anywhere from an hour to a few hours. It depends on how long I game (BF4, DiRT Rally)

my old job we had these, supposed to be one of the best chairs ergonomically, really comfortable

hero_aeron_chair_3h.jpg

http://www.hermanmiller.com/products/seating/performance-work-chairs/aeron-chairs.html

i use this at home, does the job, i can manage to sit in it for as long as i need to while doing research
s0416517_sc7

http://www.staples.com/Staples-Osgood-Bonded-Leather-High-Back-Manager-s-Chair-Black/product_923523
Oh man. Those Herman Miller chairs are awesome. We have those at our corporate office. We can't afford those at the local sites. Procurement would flip if we bought a chair over $300 bucks.

I have one of the fancier chairs in my office at work. I like it but all of my staff hate it. They call it the death chair.

Since the Logitech G930 wireless gaming headset is still at the $79.99 price... Should I:

A: Wait until it goes back up in price (normally $160) and try to sell my brand new (still in plastic/un-opened) one.
B: Keep bumping/listing it on the forums, craigslist (going to list it on Reddit soon)

If your patient and dont need to sell in a hurry A, if youd just like to get rid of them and could use the money now B.

Since the Logitech G930 wireless gaming headset is still at the $79.99 price... Should I:

A: Wait until it goes back up in price (normally $160) and try to sell my brand new (still in plastic/un-opened) one.
B: Keep bumping/listing it on the forums, craigslist (going to list it on Reddit soon)

My birthday is coming up.:wink1:

I'll be attempting to replace a cracked screen (and battery since i'll be in there) on my fiance's Galaxy Note 8
I've replaced screens before but it was older Android phones and it seems those were easier to work with since everything was slightly bigger and more space between parts.
I watched a few videos on working on this tablet and you have to be so precise and careful...I dont know if i'll have the patience...

New phones are pain in the *** to work with. Before Iphone 4 I used to replace cracked screens for $15 plus extra cost for using my own parts, for Jailbreaking I was charging $20. I was making decent $ on the side.:dopey:

New phones are pain in the *** to work with. Before Iphone 4 I used to replace cracked screens for $15 plus extra cost for using my own parts, for Jailbreaking I was charging $20. I was making decent $ on the side.:dopey:
That's a great idea. I should charge for rooting...it's incredibly easy

Back