Official Computer Talk Thread

Which headset with microphone do you guys recommend for PC gaming? I need to get a pair so I can yell at those knuckleheads that I play Rainbow 6 with.

@bootyluvr @Flightmaster127 I think only you two play on PC
scared0016.gif

Anything under $100 please:thumbsup:

I was using turtle beach x12 for a while until they crapped out on me. I picked up ear force xo ones as a replacement and they seem to be working ok for me as long as I am using an Xbox controller.

I had the Logitech G930 (wireless gaming headset) but had random disconnect issues. They RMA'd it but I didn't want to mess with it so I sold it and got the Logitech G35 gaming headset. I like it alot. It's basically the wired version of the G930.

I also have the G230 as a backup. :)

I had the Logitech G930 (wireless gaming headset) but had random disconnect issues. They RMA'd it but I didn't want to mess with it so I sold it and got the Logitech G35 gaming headset. I like it alot. It's basically the wired version of the G930.

I highly considered the g35 when I was looking. I just happened to find the xo ones on sale for half price so that made my decision for me.

I was actually looking at that one last night. Thanks for the help guys:wavey:

Cleaning day for my PC and RC rigs:wavey:

20151220_174845.jpg
20151220_175645.jpg

Now it's time to play some BF4 and drink:beer:

I've been eyeing up the amd Radeon r9 390 cards. I'm running a HD 7850 currently and could probably stand to start looking for an upgrade.

@Michal006 - Fuelinmyveins right?

@Flightmaster127 - go nVidia ;) I <3 my GTX 970 but the R9 390 is an 8GB card vs my GTX 970 is 4GB.

So..... I've had roughly 5 random BSOD's since December 1st (according to the dump log files). Of course no rhyme or reason. It occurred yesterday when I launched a game of Battlefield 4. One time I wasn't even using the PC and came back to an error message about Windows encountered an error and I believe one time I was watching a YouTube video.

I receive the Memory_Management BSOD with error code 0x0000001a. Thinking that it might be a RAM issue... I ran a MemTest for roughly 12 hours (17 or so passes) with ZERO errors..

OS: Windows 7 (I did a clean install of it when I setup the PC on Thanksgiving weekend.)

Any ideas? @webby @squiggy

Put Win10 on my rig and procured Battlefront. Although my Xbox controller receiver stopped working :(

error code 0x0000001a.
bad part is that's basically a generic error. Microsoft labels it as:

"An unknown memory management error occurred."

Running memtest (which you already did) would be my first suggestion. Bad part is if it's really random, it may not pick up with memtest. I had a similar problem and ended up pulling all the memory sticks but 1 and ran memtest. I'd run each stick individually for a while and then put multiple sticks in etc. Eventually, I found a stick that was bad and actually had it replaced under warranty. I'm not saying this is your issue, but you could try running your system with individual sticks to see if they pass.

A guy on toms hardware said: (no clue if this is legit)
"Do you overclock your system..?
This error usually because of memory lack of voltage..

If yes, then simply reset your bios..
or, you can add more voltage to your memory..

====

another user running single sticks of ram discovered his issue -
http://superuser.com/questions/9493...management-issue-after-updating-to-windows-10

that's where I would start at least

Thanks @webby will check memory stick individually. I only have 2x8GB.

I will double check my bios settings but I don't think I OC'd anything yet

@webby - I looked at the BIOS last night and noticed the memory was changed from "auto" settings to something higher. This could have been causing the issue. I ended up resetting the BIOS to default settings. We shall see. I played some BF4 and Rocket League last night (and of course some forums, Facebook and YouTube) without issue but the BSOD's were random anyways.

@Flightmaster127 @Michal006

I saw a thread on Reddit in regards to the Logitech G502 mouse being 1/2 off (normal price $79.99 - it was on-sale for $39.99 at Best Buy last week) so I picked one up.

(G400 vs G502)

20151221_154532_zpstzpvkfu0.jpg

I noticed yesterday when playing battlefield 4 at the beginning of the match I had low textures and it took few seconds for them to sharpen up. I don't think I had this issue in the past.... :think: Do you know anything about that @bootyluvr ??

I thought for a moment that I was playing 1997 Alpha Storm
eek.gif

I played a round or two yesterday and didn't notice this issue. Then I played Rocket League with a buddy.

Do you have the latest video driver? (I forget what mine is updated to)

I should.... I'm gonna check tonight. Do you play on that new map that was released few days ago?

Dragon Valley?

I was playing it last night. Was that the map that caused you issues? Any other maps that you noticed this?

No it was some other map that I played on. One of the China Rising DLC maps

On the other hand I got tired of playing new CoD, every match was filled with people running around the map with a knife or kids camping in the corners. Maps are very small and all weapons sounds the same. F that noise

@webby - I looked at the BIOS last night and noticed the memory was changed from "auto" settings to something higher. This could have been causing the issue. I ended up resetting the BIOS to default settings. We shall see. I played some BF4 and Rocket League last night (and of course some forums, Facebook and YouTube) without issue but the BSOD's were random anyways.

@Flightmaster127 @Michal006

I saw a thread on Reddit in regards to the Logitech G502 mouse being 1/2 off (normal price $79.99 - it was on-sale for $39.99 at Best Buy last week) so I picked one up.

(G400 vs G502)

20151221_154532_zpstzpvkfu0.jpg
How do you like it? That's actually the mouse I have currently.

No it was some other map that I played on. One of the China Rising DLC maps

On the other hand I got tired of playing new CoD, every match was filled with people running around the map with a knife or kids camping in the corners. Maps are very small and all weapons sounds the same. F that noise
I found a article on Reddit about China Rising maps having graphical issues. But I'm not sure how old it is.
How do you like it? That's actually the mouse I have currently.
I used it last night for the first time. I like it. :)

Back