Official Computer Talk Thread

Looks fantastic. Did you buy the pipe hardware pre threaded at like Home Depot in the lengths they offer and just customized it to fit the setup how you wanted the desk? Or did you buy some sort of “kit” made specifically to make a desk at a specific height?

Looks fantastic. Did you buy the pipe hardware pre threaded at like Home Depot in the lengths they offer and just customized it to fit the setup how you wanted the desk? Or did you buy some sort of “kit” made specifically to make a desk at a specific height?
I drew out plans for the pipes and purchased the appropriate lengths and fittings from Lowe’s. I saw pipe desks similar but this one is one-off.

I have keyboard trays, cable management trays and shelves that need to be finished. My goal was to get the big pieces put together and installed. The rest is just finishing touches

Tired of my 34” LG Ultrawide. Picked up a 27” Samsung G7. Never thought I’d spend more on a monitor than I did my TV.
What made you change. I’m curious as I just went 38” ultrawide. Was it aspect ratio, refresh rate? Curious

What made you change. I’m curious as I just went 38” ultrawide. Was it aspect ratio, refresh rate? Curious
Just couldn’t deal with the strain on my eyes. Tried sitting further back but then I had to have my arms stretched out. Was playing in windowed screens for a while just to make it easier.

Co worker upgraded his aio and gave me his old h100i as payment for some work on his car. Liquid cooling a 2200g is pretty useless, the wraith prism stock cooler it replaces was also over kill.

May have a chance to purchase a used 3600 next week but I'm not sure if I should wait for a 5600x. Also waiting for the same co worker to get a 3080 so I can buy his 1080ti.

Dabbled in some over clocking the last couple days on my 2200g. Got it to 3.85 from the stock 3.7 boost clock. Also finally set my ram to its stock clock of 3200mhz. Cinebench went from. Like 2200 to 3300.

Also been trying to figure out if the cause of some games crashing to desktop is caused by my awful gpu and its overclock with afterburner, my cpu over clock, ram settings or because its a pirated game. I turned the gpu overclock down a bit to see if it keeps happening.

Also just purchased forsa horizon in hopes that it won't look like complet poop with my terrible computer. I can't wait for gpus to be in stock.

My son was playing spyro for about 10 minutes and it crashed to the desktop like it usually does. I got fed up. Removed the r7 370 2gb card. Plugged the hdmi into the onboard graphics, overclocked it from 1100mhz to 1300 right away with no voltage change and he's been playing it longer than before with no crash. I think the best part is that the r7 was overclocked to less than 1100mhz with afterburner. The vega 8 graphics is better than the damn card I've been fighting with.

Spoke too soon. Tried playing the legit copy of forza horizon 4 and it crashed about 10 minutes in. Re applied thermal paste to cpu and gpu. Re installed gpu. Rest bios and gpu to default settings. Testing now.

Last edited:
My son was playing spyro for about 10 minutes and it crashed to the desktop like it usually does. I got fed up. Removed the r7 370 2gb card. Plugged the hdmi into the onboard graphics, overclocked it from 1100mhz to 1300 right away with no voltage change and he's been playing it longer than before with no crash. I think the best part is that the r7 was overclocked to less than 1100mhz with afterburner. The vega 8 graphics is better than the damn card I've been fighting with.

Spoke too soon. Tried playing the legit copy of forza horizon 4 and it crashed about 10 minutes in. Re applied thermal paste to cpu and gpu. Re installed gpu. Rest bios and gpu to default settings. Testing now.
You get the thing figured out with crashing to desktop?

You get the thing figured out with crashing to desktop?
i think so. still had xmp enabled, ram was at 3200mhz. played forza for like 20 minutes and hard crashed, blue screen. at this point i was getting frustrated. so i disabled xmp so the ram speed was defaulted at 2666mhz. played forza for way too long, probably 45+min with no crashes. also no stuttering while playing which it did when overclocked at the same settings in the game. so at this point im just leaving it all the way it is until i upgrade the cpu and gpu.

Does anyone have a corsair keyboard that has had issues working? When we moved I hooked everything back up and the keyboard won't work. The mouse works even when it's plugged into the keyboard, so I don't think it's a wiring issue. It'll turn on and go completely red, it's a K70 RGB MK.2 LP board. I've tried other usb ports and resetting it and nothing has worked.

Does anyone have a corsair keyboard that has had issues working? When we moved I hooked everything back up and the keyboard won't work. The mouse works even when it's plugged into the keyboard, so I don't think it's a wiring issue. It'll turn on and go completely red, it's a K70 RGB MK.2 LP board. I've tried other usb ports and resetting it and nothing has worked.
Did you get your issue resolved? I've had my Corsair K70 since 2013 and haven't had any issues. Just curious to see what you did to resolve the issue.

No not yet. It started to work again for a few mins then stopped again. It tries to update it in the icue software but fails. I tried it on another computer also and it didn't work with it either. The last email I got from corsair asked for name and address with phone number. So I'll wait to see what's next.

Yeah. I was surprised and happy all at the same time. It just takes thme several days to respond after each email back. But I've got a backup to use right now so I'm good with it.

No not yet. It started to work again for a few mins then stopped again. It tries to update it in the icue software but fails. I tried it on another computer also and it didn't work with it either. The last email I got from corsair asked for name and address with phone number. So I'll wait to see what's next.
Oh I don't have the icue software on my PC.

The other PC doesn't have icue software either?

Back