Official Computer Talk Thread

Speaking of video cards... @webby and others

I have a Asus RTX 3060 KO (buddy won the chance to buy it in Newegg Shuffle and doesn't want it/need it), AMD 6700 XT and AMD 6800 (both got from amd.com on Friday after when they had a drop) coming in at the end of this week. :woot:

youre gonna resell all 3 and pocket a buttload of cash?

youre gonna resell all 3 and pocket a buttload of cash?
@ethlar - I'm not that type of person.

1 card (unsure which yet) I'll be keeping to replace my GTX 1080
1 card (unsure which yet) my buddy wants to buy to replace his GTX 1660 Super
1 card (most likely the Asus 3060 KO) I'll be selling but trying to see if friends/family wants it first.

All at MSRP (plus taxes) that I paid.

1 card (most likely the Asus 3060 KO) I'll be selling but trying to see if friends/family wants it first.

you're an angel.

tenor.gif

New case!

Attachments

• 2016-07-07-16-04-500frontend_cropped_80.jpg
    2016-07-07-16-04-500frontend_cropped_80.jpg
    27.2 KB · Views: 5
My cousin slammed his iPad 6 in the door of his truck. I've never had one of these apart, hardest part is removing the digitizer because it's just glued on and you break the glass removing it. Kind of dangerous. Hit it so hard it cracked the lcd screen as well. Then I broke the home button taking it off the digitizer. Have to order up the parts now.
20210425_081519.jpg

My cousin slammed his iPad 6 in the door of his truck. I've never had one of these apart, hardest part is removing the digitizer because it's just glued on and you break the glass removing it. Kind of dangerous. Hit it so hard it cracked the lcd screen as well. Then I broke the home button taking it off the digitizer. Have to order up the parts now.
View attachment 62857
Are these the same as the iphone where if you break the home button you can't use touch id anymore?

Are these the same as the iphone where if you break the home button you can't use touch id anymore?
i hope not. i was able to order a new home button. either way i dont think it will matter as long as the rest of it works. home button only cost $5. all together with shipping and tax for the home button, lcd screen and digitizer came to $140. not bad as long as i dont mess it up and it works.

the motherboard stores the original home button/touch id info from what I've read. If you replace the original home button, it will not allow touch id to work, since the motherboard will be looking for the oem button ID. It's stupid, but they say it's for security. It stops someone from essentially stealing an Ipad, swapping out the home button, and then setting up their own fingerprint to use it as their own ipad.

the motherboard stores the original home button/touch id info from what I've read. If you replace the original home button, it will not allow touch id to work, since the motherboard will be looking for the oem button ID. It's stupid, but they say it's for security. It stops someone from essentially stealing an Ipad, swapping out the home button, and then setting up their own fingerprint to use it as their own ipad.
Just googled it. Seems like its that way for the iPad 6. Hope my cousin remembers his password.

You?! What?!
You have been MIA... See above my quoted post.

Back