Official Computer Talk Thread

The TUF card was an MSRP card. Apparently they’ve increased MSRP to $850 on the card. It was originally one of the MSRP cards. Even at $850 MSRP, that’s a 25% mark up.

The TUF card was an MSRP card. Apparently they’ve increased MSRP to $850 on the card. It was originally one of the MSRP cards. Even at $850 MSRP, that’s a 25% mark up.
And on eBay and FB Marketplace they are going for $1700-$2000

And on eBay and FB Marketplace they are going for $1700-$2000

which is completely nuts. People thought $1100 scalper prices back in 2020 were awful. Now that this shortage has gone on 9 months, prices have doubled again.

which is completely nuts. People thought $1100 scalper prices back in 2020 were awful. Now that this shortage has gone on 9 months, prices have doubled again.
:eek:
I guess I'm supposed to fell good about paying the scalper price of $1900 for the 3090 last year.

laptop i use at work is stuck in a boot loop and sometimes it goes to the recovery page then freezes. had a big storm last night and it was plugged in, wondering if it had a power surge.

laptop i use at work is stuck in a boot loop and sometimes it goes to the recovery page then freezes. had a big storm last night and it was plugged in, wondering if it had a power surge.
Can you get it to go into safe mode during post? Hit f8 repeatedly during boot to see if it’ll let you access safe mode.

F8 only works for older Windows OSes like 7 and XP. With Windows 10, recovery options like safe mode are only accessible two different ways:
1 - If you can already boot into Windows, hold the SHIFT key down and select Restart in Windows.
2 - If you can't boot into Windows, you'll need to boot to a Windows setup disc/USB drive, then select "Repair your computer".

That all said, sounds like it's not reading the boot record on the laptop's disk drive and just retrying over and over.
After a few failed attempts to boot to the local disk drive, recovery mode will automatically kick in to let you try and repair Windows, but I'm not sure you want to go that route since some of those options wipe the drive of all personal files.
Might be time to hit up your IT department.

F8 only works for older Windows OSes like 7 and XP. With Windows 10, recovery options like safe mode are only accessible two different ways:
1 - If you can already boot into Windows, hold the SHIFT key down and select Restart in Windows.
2 - If you can't boot into Windows, you'll need to boot to a Windows setup disc/USB drive, then select "Repair your computer".

That all said, sounds like it's not reading the boot record on the laptop's disk drive and just retrying over and over.
After a few failed attempts to boot to the local disk drive, recovery mode will automatically kick in to let you try and repair Windows, but I'm not sure you want to go that route since some of those options wipe the drive of all personal files.
Might be time to hit up your IT department.
im assuming i can access all the files on the drive if i hooked it up to my pc and recover what i needed, but i dont think i have anything on it since its a work only computer. i'll probably try and just re install windows. using a lenovo x240 for now that my work provided. its tiny.

Back