Official Computer Talk Thread

It's because so many companies have legacy software that is going to cost $$ to upgrade so it will work in Win10.

From my job perspective I'm just tired of the older hardware that is out there.
Those ESU keys ain't cheap. Like, expensive enough that they could probably hire a team of devs to recode whatever legacy software they're using. Cause it's not like the need for updates SW goes away. It's just delaying the inevitable. We're paying for ESU (mostly) because there's a datacenter that supposed to be going offline, but teams are dragging their feet in migrating away from that location. So until the environment has been migrated we'll be paying the ESU tax.
I was just messing with you. I’m still on vista

View: https://media4.giphy.com/media/wsWPDRBYJDfow0drhm/giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e47j1jnz0fdahnem8xv7vmb6l82o2n4kbpizuddpiqp&rid=giphy.gif&ct=g

I was just messing with you. I’m still on vista

crying-gif.gif

Sucks because I already have a 5800x and I have that same CPU Cooler (well basically). That's the h115i plat and I have the h115i elite.

What happens if you don’t buy something when you “win”? They just draw another name?

These type of raffles started 20+ years ago when you had to show up in person for concert tickets.
Well I was mainly referring to my personal observations as of late. I've seen more online stores raffling purchase privileges instead of actually giving the items away.
I think the computer parts shortages of late have started to make it more common, in my opinion. For example, considering how difficult it is to obtain a current model video card, I can't say the trend is all that unwelcome, but it really rubs me the wrong way that I can't quite articulate at this moment.

Well I was mainly referring to my personal observations as of late. I've seen more online stores raffling purchase privileges instead of actually giving the items away.
I think the computer parts shortages of late have started to make it more common, in my opinion. For example, considering how difficult it is to obtain a current model video card, I can't say the trend is all that unwelcome, but it really rubs me the wrong way that I can't quite articulate at this moment.
The main annoyance for video cards is due to crypto mining.

The rest is for to COVID.

It arrived. Now checking around with people I know either on forums or Discord servers to see if anyone wants it. Of course for what I paid. Not over.

PXL_20210708_233422141.jpg

PXL_20210708_235059518.jpg

PXL_20210708_235129236.jpg

Last edited:
Back