Official Computer Talk Thread

Reading the reviews of the PSU I got in that NewEgg bundle with the 3080Ti. Lots of complaints about inadequate power for 3080Ti (EVGA 850 GA). I wanted to avoid getting a different PSU but worried I’ll fry my system. Ugh….

But per EVGA:

Requirements​

• Minimum of a 750 Watt power supply.
  • Three available 8-pin or 6+2pin PCIe power dongles
  • Total Power Draw : 350 Watts
So the 850w should be sufficient...

That’s what I thought, but plenty of complaints, even with the 850W unit - purchased via bundle from Newegg shuffle.

Makes me worry

All done. After work tomorrow, I’ll take the keyboard tray off the desk, fit this guy on the shelf and see how it goes…

It got to 71C last night when playing Forza 5. Of course it's not pegged there. It hits it for a second or less.

I got mine early 2021. I think lol
Doing full load CPU stuff, it hit 83C. The O11 I have has the recall panels on it and I have the two 140 input case fans locked to 800 rpm. During gaming, it’s 65-70C. The GPU hits 77C now that I have the bottom 140s paired with the GPU fan curves.

Doing full load CPU stuff, it hit 83C. The O11 I have has the recall panels on it and I have the two 140 input case fans locked to 800 rpm. During gaming, it’s 65-70C. The GPU hits 77C now that I have the bottom 140s paired with the GPU fan curves.
Not bad. 77C for the GPU it's still fine. Do you have a custom fan profile or stock for the GPU?

I hate how nVidia has it where the GPU fans don't turn on until it his 60C.. I use EVGA Precision X to have a custom fan profile (IE: fan 30% @ 40C or something like that).

I was playing Warzone Rebirth a bit ago and didn't go over 60C for the GPU.

Coworker got me a 2 month game pass trial code. Started downloading Forza 5. As it was downloading I quickly realized I need to upgrade my internet. 102gb file took all night to download. 40mbps isn't cutting it anymore.

Coworker got me a 2 month game pass trial code. Started downloading Forza 5. As it was downloading I quickly realized I need to upgrade my internet. 102gb file took all night to download. 40mbps isn't cutting it anymore.

How have you gotten this far with only 40Mbps download speed? :hiding:

Mine - :eek:

12429038436.png

How have you gotten this far with only 40Mbps download speed? :hiding:

Mine - :eek:

12429038436.png
probably because i dont game much, mostly just stream movies and tv shows. ive noticed when watching youtube on my phone it tends to struggle but im not sure if thats an issue with my connection or the speed.

Not bad. 77C for the GPU it's still fine. Do you have a custom fan profile or stock for the GPU?

I hate how nVidia has it where the GPU fans don't turn on until it his 60C.. I use EVGA Precision X to have a custom fan profile (IE: fan 30% @ 40C or something like that).

I was playing Warzone Rebirth a bit ago and didn't go over 60C for the GPU.

I’ve put in a custom fan profile. Just like you say, at 30% up to 40C. The two -140s underneath match that via PWM connection on the GPU. I have the case fans set to 1000 rpm consistently. It makes it quiet. It’s not the coolest, but it’s also not ITX hot.

Back