Official Gun Thread

I keep my torque wrench in the car. I'm sure it will be effective as a self defense weapon. It's about 18" long and solid metal.

I got my number from this .... See link below.

Licences per 100,000 population
Province/TerritoryLicences per 100,000 Population*
Alberta6,728
British Columbia5,470
Manitoba6,984
New Brunswick9,447
Newfoundland and Labrador14,197
Northwest Territories12,139
Nova Scotia7,957
Nunavut9,083
Ontario4,239
Prince Edward Island4,449
Quebec6,259
Saskatchewan9,212
Yukon19,093
Total 5,804

View map
(PDF 1.3MB)
* Licences per 100,000 population are calculated using Provincial/Territorial populations from 2011 Census

http://www.rcmp-grc.gc.ca/cfp-pcaf/facts-faits/index-eng.htm

I have no idea how your licensing works, so I could be totally wrong. At the top of that page it says ::
"Facts and Figures (July - September 2013)"

then the figures below that say::
Valid Licences as of September 2013

What does that even mean? Are those new license applications in the months of July-Sept of 2013? All months of 2013 up to Sept? I'm not even sure what your "licenses" are. Is it like a drivers license that expires in X amount of time? Are those figures for people that are "current", and there are a lot of people who own firearms that don't have current licenses? Again, I have no idea how that works in Canada. I can't see the country having a 6% rate of ownership, but then again I don't live there.

I have no idea how your licensing works, so I could be totally wrong. At the top of that page it says ::
"Facts and Figures (July - September 2013)"

then the figures below that say::
Valid Licences as of September 2013

What does that even mean? Are those new license applications in the months of July-Sept of 2013? All months of 2013 up to Sept? I'm not even sure what your "licenses" are. Is it like a drivers license that expires in X amount of time? Are those figures for people that are "current", and there are a lot of people who own firearms that don't have current licenses? Again, I have no idea how that works in Canada. I can't see the country having a 6% rate of ownership, but then again I don't live there.

From what I have heard its difficult to get a license and there is no conceal carry permit...

Well, now I'm curious about these stats too.

My upbringing goes back to jolly ol' England where bobbies (cops) only started carrying guns recently and many still don't. In many places in Canada people leave their doors unlocked all the time. Extremely low crime rates in the majority of the country. No need to have a gun to protect yourself. It's a naive way of thinking, but it's pretty awesome that the majority of us feel so safe. I don't think I would feel as safe if i lived in many areas of the States and would probably have to buy a gun.

Well, now I'm curious about these stats too.

My upbringing goes back to jolly ol' England where bobbies (cops) only started carrying guns recently and many still don't. In many places in Canada people leave their doors unlocked all the time. Extremely low crime rates in the majority of the country. No need to have a gun to protect yourself. It's a naive way of thinking, but it's pretty awesome that the majority of us feel so safe. I don't think I would feel as safe if i lived in many areas of the States and would probably have to buy a gun.

There's places I know of that leave their doors unlocked here in the US, I personally would not. There was a gruesome home invasion two towns over from me a couple years back. That's one reason I have a gun, self-defense. The other, since I'm pursuing law enforcement I may as well get used to carrying a gun, concealed or not.

Fobus holster arrived today :D The SR22 fits nice and snug.
20131115_202725_zps45856522.jpg

How do you like your Ruger? That is a pretty sweet handgun. I've held it multiple times but went with the M&P Shield. I still want to buy the SR22 soon.

How do you like your Ruger? That is a pretty sweet handgun. I've held it multiple times but went with the M&P Shield. I still want to buy the SR22 soon.

I love it! It's really fun to shoot; very accurate with very little recoil. I have yet to experience any malfunctions with it besides FTF a couple rounds of cheap bulk ammo. Despite the those who think a .22 is pointless to carry, let alone own, it's still useful in critical situations.

I almost bought a M&P Shield but changed my mind last minute. Although it's very small, I want to see how a LCP feels in my hand. It seems like it would be nice for summer concealed carry.

Last edited:
Back