Official Gun Thread

So?? How did it go?
We ended up taking the first part of a Pistol Training Course with a local range. Going back for the second part this Sunday. It’s good for her but boring for me. After Sunday the two courses, one five hour and one eight, count towards our CCL Class so we only have to attend one eight hour class.

Finished Basic Pistol 2 earlier today. Was pretty boring aside from the range time. Think they had around twenty different guns to play with. Ended up buying a Walther PDP-F (3.5” 15+1) that will be used as a carry once I get the license.

Finished Basic Pistol 2 earlier today. Was pretty boring aside from the range time. Think they had around twenty different guns to play with. Ended up buying a Walther PDP-F (3.5” 15+1) that will be used as a carry once I get the license.
Saw your picture on the social media.

Does IL let you buy guns with no limit on magazine size?

In MD we can only buy 10-round magazines (and guns purchased have to come with a 10-round magazine or they block them off).
BUT we can go to PA/VA/DE (states that touch MD - within driving distance) and buy larger capacity magazines and bring them back to MD and use them. That's legal.

So stupid that you can buy in other states and bring it back

Saw your picture on the social media.

Does IL let you buy guns with no limit on magazine size?

In MD we can only buy 10-round magazines (and guns purchased have to come with a 10-round magazine or they block them off).
BUT we can go to PA/VA/DE (states that touch MD - within driving distance) and buy larger capacity magazines and bring them back to MD and use them. That's legal.
We’re currently under an “Assault Weapon” Ban. Currently limited to 15rd Magazines for Handguns.

any reason you're wanting to use the PDP-F as your conceal when you've got a 43x? It's shorter, lighter, and thinner than the PDP-F
The G43X is my Wife’s. I’m not a fan of Glock whatsoever. Walther’s ergonomics are far superior in my opinion. I have a PPQ, which feels great in the hand, but it’s a bit chunky in the grip, even with the smallest back strap. The PDP-F comes optics ready, has a super aggressive grip texture and has a huge beaver tail to give a good hood. The bonus is it can run my PDP Magazines too. The Wife is starting to realize Glock ain’t all it’s cracked up to be after shooting damn near twenty different pistols this weekend.

Back