Photos -- Official Honda Civic Shift Knob Pics Thread --

New to the forum but just made my own shift knob today and wanted to show it off

That's might awesome, and for a great cause too. Breast Cancer killed my grandmother (before I was born), but I was alive when my mom went through several different bouts in the 80's. She's (thankfully) still going strong at age 69.

34f1ae57b27d638aea41686b8f42e7ff.jpg

You made that yourself? Looks pretty awesome!
Is it a hobby for you or...?
No not a hobby just testing the helicoil kit i bought to make a beer tap shift knob i will post pics of it tomorrow sorry for the delayed reply have not been on since i posted the golf ball pic

That's might awesome, and for a great cause too. Breast Cancer killed my grandmother (before I was born), but I was alive when my mom went through several different bouts in the 80's. She's (thankfully) still going strong at age 69.
Im sorry to hear that about your grandmother and i hate to hear your mom has had to go through that. cancer is a horrible thing my grandfather passed away 4 years ago due to cancer and when i saw the golf ball it made me think of him. i got a helicoil kit to make a beer tap shift knob and while waiting for the tap handle to come in i made a few golf ball shift knobs to see how it worked.

Our famous Galaxy knob with our brand new BRIDE shift boots for 8thgen civics, available this evening at GRFXP.com!

353c8e56e863df3ab36ca5b4f1d1bb4d.jpg

I finally finished my latest project that I like to call "The Knuckle Bone" not sure if it's original cause I feel like I've seen it before or some rendition I'm sure. It was free from work with a little home touch and has given me amazing control over my gears. It started out as a handle for an adapter for an alignment machine. Has a brass insert with 10x1.25 so enough threads screw on with a little effort and being brass it wont eat the shifter rod. I plan on tapping it to the proper thread pitch to get a few more threads on it but it's not going anywhere either way.

It started out as (see below) with my hand as a comparison. I used it like this for a few weeks but realized it was too tall for me as my hand hit the A/C controls at times. Never got a pic with it in the car.
20150606_210642_zpskaip90he.jpg

I liked the handle style vs ball after trying this that I decided to at least shorten it and figure out a way to keep my hand from slipping off as it tended to happen in the heat of Florida. Yet i still rarely use my A/C, go figure. After a little brain storming i figured out this design.
20150607_003715_zps5hhznyzx.jpg

After the first rough trim for the shape i wanted. Then sanded it from 100/220/400/600/1000/1500/2000/2500/3000 (wet sanded from 600+) and got to this...
20150609_224807_zpspfzta0i0.jpg

20150609_224755_zpsckunoeck.jpg

20150609_224835_zpsuddt1zmi.jpg

20150609_224818_zpsmn97khoi.jpg

The next one is on the car but my phone just dried off from a swim so pardon the pics.
20150610_200016_zps62qntz2g.jpg

The shape of it has made any way I grab it feel comfortable, has allowed much more precision on what gear in selecting as well as curing my issue of slipping off mid shift. It weighs only 90 or so grams so it's light weight and it is plastic of some kind and possibly delrin. Never gets hot baking in the sun with no tints, I love it! Hope you all like!

I finally finished my latest project that I like to call "The Knuckle Bone" not sure if it's original cause I feel like I've seen it before or some rendition I'm sure. It was free from work with a little home touch and has given me amazing control over my gears. It started out as a handle for an adapter for an alignment machine. Has a brass insert with 10x1.25 so enough threads screw on with a little effort and being brass it wont eat the shifter rod. I plan on tapping it to the proper thread pitch to get a few more threads on it but it's not going anywhere either way.

It started out as (see below) with my hand as a comparison. I used it like this for a few weeks but realized it was too tall for me as my hand hit the A/C controls at times. Never got a pic with it in the car.
20150606_210642_zpskaip90he.jpg

I liked the handle style vs ball after trying this that I decided to at least shorten it and figure out a way to keep my hand from slipping off as it tended to happen in the heat of Florida. Yet i still rarely use my A/C, go figure. After a little brain storming i figured out this design.
20150607_003715_zps5hhznyzx.jpg

After the first rough trim for the shape i wanted. Then sanded it from 100/220/400/600/1000/1500/2000/2500/3000 (wet sanded from 600+) and got to this...
20150609_224807_zpspfzta0i0.jpg

20150609_224755_zpsckunoeck.jpg

20150609_224835_zpsuddt1zmi.jpg

20150609_224818_zpsmn97khoi.jpg

The next one is on the car but my phone just dried off from a swim so pardon the pics.
20150610_200016_zps62qntz2g.jpg

The shape of it has made any way I grab it feel comfortable, has allowed much more precision on what gear in selecting as well as curing my issue of slipping off mid shift. It weighs only 90 or so grams so it's light weight and it is plastic of some kind and possibly delrin. Never gets hot baking in the sun with no tints, I love it! Hope you all like!
Really interesting concept, I'd like to see how that feels when shifting

Darkout I'm no where near that crafty...looks sweet.

I ended up ordering Moddiction Anvil Textured Black. NRG customer service was a little too
automated and had to leave msg for a rep to call back.
Will load pics as soon as it arrives if I'm smart enough.

Thanks Anakin, I want to make another and give it to someone to try and get a second opinion on it. If I can find a way to add some weight to it I think it would improve the feel a lot.

Depending on how much room you have between the end of your threads and the inside top of your Knob you may be able to drill out and pour some lead inside for extra weight.

Yea that was one idea I had, I was also thinking of a way to make the top bigger.

Back