Photos Official retrofit thread (pics and specs)

Coming soon.

5ZpZrk3l.jpg

-OEM Projector headlights
-4th Gen TL projectors
-TSX Clear lenses.
-4300k D2S Morimoto bulbs and ballasts.

sTy8k36l.jpg

I'd like to do an OEM projector headlight w/retrofitted OEM FX projector setup eventually, but I have so many other things to buy first.

there are two versions of the TL cutoff, unless your favorite FXs are the rare curve cutoff ones i think one of the TL cutoffs is close to the FX

ive been talking retros with people, its got me in the mood to get a new set going, im thinking of going TL/zkw this time around but theyre so big and i have so little time i may end up paying someone to retro them

I thought the TLs had more of a Hella kind of cutoff.

they come in what people tend to call step and slope varieties. the one Webby posted is the step, and the slope ones have a cutoff more like the hella youre thinking of i believe

IMGP1558.jpg

Are the differences because they're from different chassis?

I've looked at a lot of comparison photos and just judging by those I should be more than happy with my Mini H1s, but I have seen my old FX setup and my current MH1 setup pretty much side by side and the FX projectors with 85122+ bulbs and Matsushita ballasts looks better than anything else I've ever personally driven. I've seen some SL65 on the highway one time that had lights I liked better, but I'm not sure what his setup was. It seemed entirely too bright to be factory equipped.

From what i know they were mix and matched, like one factory building TLs got steps and the other got slopes. Theyre all made by the same manufacturers, same specs and otherwise identical

the new gen tls are pretty much tsx projectors and are a direct swap for the euro rhd projector headlights..

What if a person buys the Replica oem projectors, are the TL projectors direct bolt up as well? Or only the real OEM ones like this?
I have ones stamped by Honda. I would imagine the replica ones would be the same since the design is the same. In my thread I have the two side by side. They're almost identical. The bowls are just slightly different in the inside.

Back