Official Turbo'd R18 Crew

My goals are not more than 200.. its a daily driving car for work and other purposes with stock suspension and stock everything.. i feel a need to have added power to that.. i have 9th gen with eco button behind the turn signal on the dash... i always drive it with eco off to get the full potential but still looking to increase to 200hp.. so far engine has ran only 14000 kms..

it sounds like it would be more cost effective for you to trade in and get the Si.

Reactions: Nix
Awesome thread guys! I'm glad both you guys are here. Invaluable first hand experience with R18 turbo setups.

it sounds like it would be more cost effective for you to trade in and get the Si.

Esh, yea. With the cost of the turbo kits, if you're only looking for a slight bump in power and your car still has a high trade in value, the unfortunate truth is that the Si might be the same cost as your trade in plus the turbo kit. You'll be right in that 200hp range and you get the 6-speed.

That said, if you have an older or high mileage car that isn't worth enough for a solid Si trade in, this is definitely a way to extend the life and fun of your car. Or if you just don't wanna drive stick or can't/won't learn. hahaha.

Actually driving a stick is not a problem i kept a 5th gen prelude with a stock h22 for 5 years.. just got this 9th gen civic last year in august after i got married... but now regretting the power loss..

Secondly Si is not available in my country. . This is top of the line what i have.. we have cr-z sports version but its not an option for me.. not a family car..

Secondly Si is not available in my country. . This is top of the line what i have.. we have cr-z sports version but its not an option for me.. not a family car..

Obviously if its what you have then you work with it, just saying if it was at all available the amount of money you're going to drop to boost it for minimal gains as you want just a little more umph. But TSI kit would be the best/cheapest option to go with i know @Nyghtstalkr is selling his complete kit so you would just need minimal things like an american ecu and flashpro

Na i'll go for a brand new kit from a local tunner shop.. to enjoy after sale services.. warranty and all.. the main question is if i change the ecu and throw in the flash pro. . What would happen with my econo mode button..??

nothing it would be on an american tune which can all be changed

hello evryone. im from the philippines, pioneer 9th gen civic r18 turbo auto
tdo5 16g turbo (ebay)
all custom fabricated charge pipes, exhaust, manifold
greddy profec electronic boost controller
tial external wastegate
hondata flashpro

200whp

hello evryone. im from the philippines, pioneer 9th gen civic r18 turbo auto
tdo5 16g turbo (ebay)
all custom fabricated charge pipes, exhaust, manifold
greddy profec electronic boost controller
tial external wastegate
hondata flashpro

200whp
Welcome to the site. Have any pics of your build?

We decided to crank up the boost just a bit more on the #VitTuned #Honda #Civic #R18 -- yup, just a little eco single slammer. We ran this car at 26-28psi into the 11.1 @ 130mph range, cranked it up to 36psi on the dyno today. Did she make more power? You bet.

551whp & 425wtq worth of power. Think she'll go 10's now? I do.

World's fastest & highest powered Civic R18, powered by custom VitTuned #MoTeC #M1 programming all done in house.

View: https://www.facebook.com/vittuned/videos/1769988209879512/

View: https://vimeo.com/174751520

World's Fastest Honda Civic R18!!
IG | 420Coupe

Going where no one has gone before. You'll definitely hit 10's now. What is your wheel/tire setup for the strip?

Vits like 3 year old slicks lmfao

IG | 420Coupe

Reactions: Nix
more pics will be uploaded later, i currently working at sea so very limited internet access...

car is tuned to be dead reliable as this is my dd car... turboed it at 10000kms, run untuned for 5000kms (because we dont have 9thgen r18 civic flashpro support during the built was done and i cant run my engine at full throttle while in boost by the time i reached 5000rpms it throws a CEL and ecu runs into leap mode) now car is tuned and been running it for 10000kms without any issues... car is dead reliable and conservatively tuned

its an auto tranny by the way.. is there any way i can launch the car? not as hard as a manual but at least a little bit sportier... quarter mile time sucks @16.8 secs caus i cannot launch the car, 0-60ft in 3.2 secs... but the funny thing is i have a better top speed compared to a 14.5 sec car... they can beat me on the track but not on the highway

its an auto tranny by the way.. is there any way i can launch the car? not as hard as a manual but at least a little bit sportier... quarter mile time sucks @16.8 secs caus i cannot launch the car, 0-60ft in 3.2 secs... but the funny thing is i have a better top speed compared to a 14.5 sec car... they can beat me on the track but not on the highway
@Nix ? I have no clue on the autos and launching

If you mean when to tell the torque converter to hold and stall to not unless you have a stand alone ecu. You can always try manually shifting 1-2-D3

IG | 420Coupe

thanks , maybe stand alone ecu yeah will do the job... i tried everything but the computers on the car wont launch it... its like when the tree goes, somebody is pushing the car at the back in neutral . its like crawling from the start...

nice build sir!, if only i have access to aftermarket parts here...

how is is going with russ? (nytcrawler)

Back