Official Turbo'd R18 Crew

its an auto tranny by the way.. is there any way i can launch the car?

You can try brake boosting the car. It's not the best thing for it and "power shifting" 1-2-D3-D. The hesitation when you mash on it is the time it takes for the torque converter to lock up as far as I can tell. If you hold the brake and the gas at the same time you may be able to build enough pressure to have it lock and launch better. With the turbo you will also build boost pressure doing this.

These both might be things you are already doing. I would highly suggest looking into a transmission cooler as the fluid gets HOT and that heat degrades the internals and the clutch packs faster. There are a couple LSD's out there that have the potential to fit your car but I could not say for certain that they would. Cusco makes one as does M-Factory for the R18 engine.

ATF cooler:

http://9thcivic.com/forum/threads/diy-at-transmission-cooler-dx-lx-ex-not-for-cvt.13700/

thanks for this highly appreciated.
break boosting also cannot, as the converter only stalls until 2200rpms no matter how hardyou press on the pedal.. i might need to upgrade for a high stall converter for that

trans cooler already installed, i locate it just in front of the transmission behind the radiator fans ... i think it works as i never experienced a blinking "d" on the dash.. im using redline atf as well...

im jealous at the 8th gen auto r18s, they are able to launch theyre cars... maybe its because of the VSA we have on the 9th gen? i will try to disable that on flashpro and we'll see..

thanks , maybe stand alone ecu yeah will do the job... i tried everything but the computers on the car wont launch it... its like when the tree goes, somebody is pushing the car at the back in neutral . its like crawling from the start...

nice build sir!, if only i have access to aftermarket parts here...

how is is going with russ? (nytcrawler)

Russ gave up on his build.

MoTeC is the way to go [emoji108]

World's Fastest Honda Civic R18!!
IG | 420Coupe

Russ gave up on his build.

MoTeC is the way to go [emoji108]

IG | 420Coupe

ahuh... ive been following you guys on the 8th gen thread... i was reading halfway and all i see is russ having problems...

Motec is too expensive for my application though, other option here in the philippines is AEM... but im not sure if I-mid will still function as it is a dd i like to keep all functionalities working... so flashpro is still the best choice...

also there is a interesting product here , a electronic throttle controller which you will plug in the obdII port, it has 4 eco functions and 11 sport functions just by pressing a button, i know you can adjust your throttle maps in the flashpro but its like when i want to go sporty i have to reflash, everyime i like to adjust i have to reflash, so i think this is a good add-on, question is will it work with the flashpro?

8th gens had vsa as well. You can disable it by just holding the vsa button on the dash for a few seconds. It should illuminate an icon on your dash to show you've disabled the vsa. I believe it shows up as a yellow icon. I don't know that it would solve your issue on launching an automatic though.

ahuh... ive been following you guys on the 8th gen thread... i was reading halfway and all i see is russ having problems...

Motec is too expensive for my application though, other option here in the philippines is AEM... but im not sure if I-mid will still function as it is a dd i like to keep all functionalities working... so flashpro is still the best choice...

also there is a interesting product here , a electronic throttle controller which you will plug in the obdII port, it has 4 eco functions and 11 sport functions just by pressing a button, i know you can adjust your throttle maps in the flashpro but its like when i want to go sporty i have to reflash, everyime i like to adjust i have to reflash, so i think this is a good add-on, question is will it work with the flashpro?

Yeah the automatic has lots of problems once you start exceeding 230ish whp. I'm still amazed by what the stock tranny has been holding on mine.

Wouldn't work with flashpro they'd be counter productive working against each other setting two different maps.

AEM cost the same as MoTeC. I know for a fact you can program MoTeC to work with anything would just take decoding the CANbus

IG | 420Coupe

Yeah the automatic has lots of problems once you start exceeding 230ish whp. I'm still amazed by what the stock tranny has been holding on mine.

Wouldn't work with flashpro they'd be counter productive working against each other setting two different maps.

AEM cost the same as MoTeC. I know for a fact you can program MoTeC to work with anything would just take decoding the CANbus

IG | 420Coupe

yep thats true, when we are on the dyno and was making about 220whp we could already feel the tranny wants to go into many pieces... so we decided to go more safe at 200whp..

AEm i could get here for a 1500usd tuned and dynoed... i was thinking motec is way too expensive than that, thanks for your info...

but tuners here are more experienced with AEM's and Hondata's thats why im restricted with these tuning soulutions...

ok then i will not install the controller.. thanks !

yep thats true, when we are on the dyno and was making about 220whp we could already feel the tranny wants to go into many pieces... so we decided to go more safe at 200whp..

AEm i could get here for a 1500usd tuned and dynoed... i was thinking motec is way too expensive than that, thanks for your info...

but tuners here are more experienced with AEM's and Hondata's thats why im restricted with these tuning soulutions...

ok then i will not install the controller.. thanks !

Vit etunes and AEM doesn't have support for the car they'd have to build it all out. That's why I say MoTeC. You'd end up spending more getting someone to create trigger patterns etc for AEM than just having the one I already paid R&D for from Vit.

IG | 420Coupe

what is the best set up for a oil catch can? i think mine was incorrectly set, it is hooked up on the breather...​

That's pretty much the only way to do it right now until I finish the cad for the R18 valve cover so I can cnc a valve cover and weld on AN fittings for the catch can.

IG | 420Coupe

That's pretty much the only way to do it right now until I finish the cad for the R18 valve cover so I can cnc a valve cover and weld on AN fittings for the catch can.

IG | 420Coupe

thanks for that! by the way your car is sick as hell...

when i got home im planning on a crankcase evac set-up , punched pcv-cc-exhaust then breather filter on vc... or to make it less complicated, punched pcv-cc-then breather filter on the cc outlet... not thinking about emmisions... whats your view on this? after some research boosted r18s on the 8th gen thread were doing this...

thanks for that! by the way your car is sick as hell...

when i got home im planning on a crankcase evac set-up , punched pcv-cc-exhaust then breather filter on vc... or to make it less complicated, punched pcv-cc-then breather filter on the cc outlet... not thinking about emmisions... whats your view on this? after some research boosted r18s on the 8th gen thread were doing this...

Thanks bud, still more to come. Can't wait to get into the single digits in the 1/4

I know a couple of the guys were doing it, but I never did. Just put a breather filter on the valve cover.

IG | 420Coupe

b7fdc346d4fa8900a0d0ae0abd03798a.png

This should solve clutch slippage

World's fastest Honda Civic R18A1
IG | 420Coupe

Would like to know if anyone has an idea of any turbo kits/list of part brands that anyone has installed or tried and works well. It would really help to get a good guide and start collecting parts. Also it will be my daily driven

Back