P2R Ported Intake Manifold

I completely agree. I know with just this piece I wont have the power of the rbc but there will def be power gains. Im willing to try it out and see what happens. I just think it will leave the engine bay with a much cleaner look than the rbc does. And its just going to be a matter of time before the other half of the im gets made. The aftermarket for this car is still too small for there to be parts out there that noone has tried.

Yes the rbc makes power. Nobody is denying that. But the fact is there is another option that hasn't really been tested. Will it make as much power as the rbc? Probably not. Will it make power? Without a doubt. You can give me **** for going a different route all you want. I like the fact that this is a direct bolt on part and the vehicle will remain looking stock. And you can keep saying that you know this wont make much power and so on but at the end of the day nobody will know how this part performs until someone gets one and sees what it does. Im willing to spend my money and try it out. So instead of giving me **** about it be greatful that someone is willing to do it so we can all know how this part performs.
Good points dude. I like the idea of it being completly bolt on with no additional modifications. Thanks for testing it! post pics when you get it installed!

Calm down guys. It's entirely possible to have different points of view in a discussion without getting mad at each other.

Try to keep something in mind for the rest of this thread (and any futire threads) when new parts make their way to the market: Just because a new part might not be a benefit to one person's car build/potential build, it doesn't mean that the part in question isn't perfect for what another person has intended for their car.

Everybody should try to keep an open mind when it comes to little things like this. If more people did, there would be a lot less interweb squabbles and hurt feelings. :thumb:

I went back and forth from rbc to the ported runners. I have not seen or used the ported runners but for the price of an rbc and it being original honda parts Id just go rbc.

I thought that I read this was from honda also..and that they sent it to pr2 to bore out..

I thought that I read this was from honda also..and that they sent it to pr2 to bore out..
Your right. These are factory Honda im runners that are bored out by p2r. Everyone always says for the money this costs you can just get an rbc which is 100% not true. With the rbc you have so many hidden costs like boring adapters injectors which that **** adds up quick. The p2r runners are 100% bolt on as is. There is no extra you have to get. You can throw in a thermal gasket for like $20 if you want it but its not a nessesity.

Your right. These are factory Honda im runners that are bored out by p2r. Everyone always says for the money this costs you can just get an rbc which is 100% not true. With the rbc you have so many hidden costs like boring adapters injectors which that **** adds up quick. The p2r runners are 100% bolt on as is. There is no extra you have to get. You can throw in a thermal gasket for like $20 if you want it but its not a nessesity.
Did you dyno it?

I went back and forth from rbc to the ported runners. I have not seen or used the ported runners but for the price of an rbc and it being original honda parts Id just go rbc.
On the buttdyno was there much of a noticeable difference between the two? I'm assuming there would be since the longer runners on the RBC move the powerband higher. But i'm not sure which would actually be more powerful. With the lower revving K24Z7 (when compared to K20Z3) i'd be worried about the RBC moving the gains above redline and losing low-end power

Did you dyno it?

On the buttdyno was there much of a noticeable difference between the two? I'm assuming there would be since the longer runners on the RBC move the powerband higher. But i'm not sure which would actually be more powerful. With the lower revving K24Z7 (when compared to K20Z3) i'd be worried about the RBC moving the gains above redline and losing low-end power
The dp is finally going on tonight then it's tune time so I can get hp numbers up. I've heard the rbc does move your power higher in the powerband. The p2r runners def give you lower end power

Back