Password jdm dry carbon fiber gurney flap

Kevv_Si

Indianapolis
Vehicle Model
Si
Body Style
FB6
image.jpg Well after about two and a half weeks of owning this the adhesive tape it came with is starting to come off. The right side of the gurney flap has started to come off a little. I'm going to contact password jdm tomorrow to see what they will do about this...pretty disappointed.

It just seems like a bad design to me. It's going to be fighting air flow constantly with it sticking up like that. It seems like the more you drive on the highway, the worse it'd be over time. I don't know. Hopefully they have good news for you.

How much did you paid for it?

It just seems like a bad design to me. It's going to be fighting air flow constantly with it sticking up like that. It seems like the more you drive on the highway, the worse it'd be over time. I don't know. Hopefully they have good news for you.
yea im with webby on this one, the air flow will probly tear it off over time unless you superglue it on or something

Funny thing is I'm always on the highway. For work

Contacted password jdm. They said they are sending me some of the adhesive tape.

The adhesive they use is very sticky. I'd say really really really clean your spoiler with rubbing alcohol. Then heat the adhesive up with a heat gun or hair dryer right before you stick it on. Also try to warm up the spoiler a bit as well.

They should done the side that sticks to the spoiler twice as big as the side that is raised up in the air. More surface to stick to the spoiler and more CF goodness, lol.

@Kevv_Si how is your spoiler doing?
Are you still having issues with it staying stuck on to the spoiler or has it stayed put now that you re-taped it?
I'm thinking of getting this gurney flap so I'd like to know how well it stays on the spoiler.
Thanks!

@Kevv_Si how is your spoiler doing?
Are you still having issues with it staying stuck on to the spoiler or has it stayed put now that you re-taped it?
I'm thinking of getting this gurney flap so I'd like to know how well it stays on the spoiler.
Thanks!
I took it off. Started not to like the look lol. One corner started losing its hold but other then that it was solid.

Im having the same problem on the exact same side, Ive had it for a week lol its unbelievable that they would use such low quality double sided tape for a 200$ piece, Im going to put the 3m heavy duty double sided tape like they should have original sold it with. I did all kinds of prepping before installing it too.

20160722_184316.jpg

First of all that so called sticky tape that comes on them or complete junk you have to strip all that off and clean the surface and pick you up some good double-sided adhesive that will stick decently.

Secondly you're going to have to worry about it eventually flying off the spoiler because it can and will happend or some piece of **** will steal it off the car.

Now you can go about a couple ways of securing it down whether it be rivets or with hardware but you are going to have to invest by doing this correctly without it looking like trash

OR you can go about having it molded to the O.E.M wing as I did. I went out and bought a second H.F.P wing from Honda just so I can swap back here and there when I'm feeling it.

I went even as far as having it painted just so people have to take a second look and guess if it's O.E.M or not. Usually the carbon fiber weave gives it away but it's nice to see people really look to see the details

The gurney flap ( not this one ) is intended to be used with like small tracks or even autocrossing not advised to have on the car for high speeds or highway top end dominance. But kids will throw what ever is popular these days to blend in with the " scene " hence why it's flawed from the get go just so it can be thrown on. Even the quality is very poor when you receive and like all aftermarket exterior parts they need some work lol

Back