Pauly's "You're my boy Blue!"

Awesome car Pauly! That blue looks amazing! I really like your hybrid spoiler. Since that is a "replacement" part not an "add-on" accessory I'm assuming that it did not come with a template to line it up when you installed it. Was it a very tough to install?

Awesome car Pauly! That blue looks amazing! I really like your hybrid spoiler. Since that is a "replacement" part not an "add-on" accessory I'm assuming that it did not come with a template to line it up when you installed it. Was it a very tough to install?
Thanks for the compliment! Appreciate that.
No, no template, but not difficult to install. It just follows the curves of the car. The only thing that I checked was to make sure the spacing on each side was even. I just eyed it. I bought a roll of "industrial quality" 3M tape from Home Depot and put all around outside. No need for this to be screwed on. It is such a light spoiler that the 3M tape will hold it forever.
It is not really a replacement part. I ordered it from eBay and I,m not sure that company is still making them. They come unpainted. I searched for hours trying to find a Honda replacement part, but had no luck at all.

Here's an article how to install. http://www.heeltoeauto.com/installs...ior-parts-with-3m-double-sided-foam-tape.html

EDIT: I just went to check the eBay link for this spoiler and, as I suspected, it no longer exists.

Last edited:
I know. I feel the same way. I'd love to drop it but I live at the back of a subdivision that only sees a plow days after a storm. Any lower and it would be useless to me 4 months out of the year.
me too. would love to and could because no snow here. but love my rally look going on and dont have to worry about scraping ever. im going to be buying those non slip mats for the interior. those are cool and not expensive.

Update on my lighting project. Made a wiring diagram so I know what to do (Big thanks to Masta Electro-Magician AlienPrime!).

Here is the diagram. You will see the small LED strip which I presently have hooked up to 12 volt plug in the dash. This strip does not need a resistor, however the two 5mm LED single bulbs only run off 4 volts so they need a 220 Ohm resistor. (See picture) I bought 2 little black bulb holders from a local electrical supplies store for the 5mm bulbs. These will simply clip into the drilled hole that will go in the bottom back side of the door cargo/storage area. They hold the bulb solidly in place. BTW, the bulbs are not seen directly unless you lean forward and get your head close.

I also have attached a picture of the inside of the OEM light switch button so you can see the little light bulbs. I find the Traction button not bright enough for my liking, nor the Econ button (what can I say, I like bright lights). So, when I took it apart I saw that there was one empty slot for a second bulb. You can see the bulb I added (brown) and the original one (blue). I got the brown one out of an old Civic hatchback hazard light at an auto wreckers. You can buy these bulbs at your local dealer for $5 CDN. I'm going to add a second bulb to all of my switches. I haven't checked the Econ one yet to see if there is an empty slot.

The real reason I was at the auto wreckers was to try and find a 5 pin harness that would fit and plug into the OEM button. Up to now the only option was to buy the ambiant lighting kit form CHH for a hundred bucks just to use the little plug, or solder the five wires on (see pic). Well, I found 2 of these plugs and they fit perfectly! :spinning: :woot:
So happy about this! ...the soldering job was going to be a real mean one because those 5 pins are so close together and afterwards I wouldn't be able to take the panel completely off after soldering all the wires.

WIRING DIAGRAM:

Updated Wiring Diagram.jpg

The new harness plug that fits the OEM switch button.....HOORAY! Found 2. Don't ask me what they were in...I went during a snowstorm and the cars were already buried and stripped down so bare that it was hard to tell. If I had to guess ..... 1994 Civic. If you need one of these babies, keep your eyes open to find the green plug in the dash.

plug 2.jpgplug.jpgView attachment 10499plug 3.jpg

Well, hope to install everything correctly within a week if weather is good. :waiting:

Attachments

• Diagram 3.jpg
    Diagram 3.jpg
    134.4 KB · Views: 114
  • P1010682.JPG
    P1010682.JPG
    67.7 KB · Views: 93
  • P1010680.JPG
    P1010680.JPG
    114.3 KB · Views: 21
  • P1010678.JPG
    P1010678.JPG
    123 KB · Views: 23
Last edited:
2011-01-10114624.jpg

This is great. It looks like a sled in this picture :dance:

-- aftermarket lighting never grabbed my attention, that is, until i saw your blue interior. It looks great man. Now, about that drop...
What a nice compliment.......Thanks!
Ya, drop will come, won't be as big as the photoshop one as I live in a snow belt. New to all this so I'm taking my time before deciding what to buy.

Back