Pauly's "You're my boy Blue!"

I have a back seat :D lol

Everything is amazing. Only complaint is 10k more and shitty sound system for a 30k car.

What are you next mods Pauly?
Ya, that's a heck of a lot more money. I'm sure you will sort out the sound system. ;)

As far as mods go, the car is basically done. I would like to find a front lip is the only thing I can think of. Maybe an STi one. Haven't done any research so I'm not really sure which ones fit the 2012 sedan. Other than the lip, I'd love to add a blue ring light around the ignition but haven't been able to find an aftermarket one made specifically for the 9th Civic. Maybe it exists now but I haven't checked for at least a year. Would be nice if there was a DIY for our gen, but it looks like if I do this one day I'd have to go into un chartered territory again.

Last edited:
Ya, that's a heck of a lot more money. I'm sure you will sort out the sound system. ;)

As far as mods go, the car is basically done. I would like to find a front lip is the only thing I can think of. Maybe an STi one. Haven't done any research so I'm not really sure which ones fit the 2012 sedan. Other than the lip, I'd love to add a blue ring light around the ignition but haven't been able to find one made specifically for the 9th Civic. Maybe it exists now but I haven't checked for at least a year. Would be nice if there was a DIY for our gen, but it looks like if I do this one day I'd have to go into un chartered territory again.

Im sure you can take the ones from EX+ models and change out the LED to blue. Then install as is. If I remember correctly the STI 06-07 S204 should fit the sedan

Is tron still kicking? You haven't posted anything about it since Dec 2015, but it said you were online today.... :bananapoke:

I know it's an old thread.

Hope you can still help me.

I have a 2012 civic sedan. I want to install fog lights on it. Can these be installed with out the painted trim on the bumper. Also do I need to install the inner bracket. Or can I just buy a fog light kit from ebay

Thanks

I know it's an old thread.

Hope you can still help me.

I have a 2012 civic sedan. I want to install fog lights on it. Can these be installed with out the painted trim on the bumper. Also do I need to install the inner bracket. Or can I just buy a fog light kit from ebay

Thanks
certain trim levels have the black cutouts for the fogs, and some do not. I don't know what model you have. He has the LX which doesn't have the cutouts for the fogs. You can see his DIY, and the diy video where a civic has cutouts in this thread here to compare the process & what's needed -
http://9thcivic.com/forum/threads/add-fog-lights-to-2012-lx.8757/

A little update. Car is running super well. No major problems at all. Now has 157 000 km on it. (98 000 miles)
The rubber on the top of the steering wheel has rubbed off leaving a spot rougher and duller. The drivers seat has a bit of an occasional popping feeling in the lower middle back section. There must be a spring that is loose or something. ?
The lights in the illuminated door sills have all burned out and need to be changed. I guess I could just order another set because they were aftermarket and inexpensive. Should be a easy fix though. Lots of little paint chips at the front of the car . Most happen during the winter with all the sand and pebbles that get put on streets and highways. I'm questioning if I should put clear protective wrap over the bumper next new car I buy. I put some on the bottom part of the hood and it has done it's job.
I'm happy with the car and plan to keep it for at least another 6 years. My sons will start to drive it next spring as they turn 16. It will become their car,

Curious if other members have/ had similar issues.

The lights in the illuminated door sills have all burned out and need to be changed.
I'm sure you've checked the wiring/fuses, but that seems crazy to me. It's not like they're constantly being used. They're just getting power when the doors are opening right? Missed seeing you around :sadwavey:

A little update. Car is running super well. No major problems at all. Now has 157 000 km on it. (98 000 miles)
The rubber on the top of the steering wheel has rubbed off leaving a spot rougher and duller. The drivers seat has a bit of an occasional popping feeling in the lower middle back section. There must be a spring that is loose or something. ?
The lights in the illuminated door sills have all burned out and need to be changed. I guess I could just order another set because they were aftermarket and inexpensive. Should be a easy fix though. Lots of little paint chips at the front of the car . Most happen during the winter with all the sand and pebbles that get put on streets and highways. I'm questioning if I should put clear protective wrap over the bumper next new car I buy. I put some on the bottom part of the hood and it has done it's job.
I'm happy with the car and plan to keep it for at least another 6 years. My sons will start to drive it next spring as they turn 16. It will become their car,

Curious if other members have/ had similar issues.

The seat popping has been an issue a lot of us have had...even from near the beginning. I have a little spot on the top front of the steering wheel that "chipped" out. I only imagine it will get bigger...and probably quickly. Can't speak to the paint on the front since it was resprayed a few years ago due to the accident. Battery is starting to go. I should have replaced it a few weeks back, but it has been alright since I put it on a charger. I will definitely be replacing it before it gets too cold out though. No other issues. I only have 55k miles or so on mine.

The seat popping has been an issue a lot of us have had...even from near the beginning.

Interesting. Anyone do anything about it? Dealership fix it? Warranty? Expensive?

When you say a lot of people have this same problem, could this be a recall issue? I might contact Honda Canada and see what they say. My warranty is long expired, but sometimes talking to the right person high up the chain of command can get something done. Especially if they are aware about the problem.

I'm sure you've checked the wiring/fuses, but that seems crazy to me. It's not like they're constantly being used. They're just getting power when the doors are opening right? Missed seeing you around :sadwavey:
They went out one by one. I just didn't bother replacing the bulbs. Been busy and have other hobbies now. They must have used crappy bulbs. It's cheap Chinese aftermarket stuff.

Hello everyone!

Another Update: I have one HID that stays on even when the power is cut (car turned off and keys out). It's a strange thing and I have to disconnect it so my battery isn't drained. I'm thinking that it's a faulty relay, but am unsure.

I bought another set of fog lights from CarID. My first set has served me well, but one of the glasses got broken by a rock.

I have some rust started on the bottom of the small black vertical piece the separates the rear window. I'm curious if any other members have had the same issue. I would like to find out how to remove the piece so I can sand it and paint.

image.jpg

How’s tron
See above.

I'm also looking to increase the brightness of my HID bulbs. Presently I have 35 Watt 6000 K bulbs. I'm thinking about going 55 Watt 5000k. Are these bulbs significantly brighter? I have the XenonDepot Extreme Kit so I think they can handle the 55 Watt bulbs.

faulty relay
yeah. I've seen others have that happen. Bad relay stuck open

rust above like the door handle area where the glass meets the door?

See above.

I'm also looking to increase the brightness of my HID bulbs. Presently I have 35 Watt 6000 K bulbs. I'm thinking about going 55 Watt 5000k. Are these bulbs significantly brighter? I have the XenonDepot Extreme Kit so I think they can handle the 55 Watt bulbs.

you need upgraded ballasts to push the higher wattage bulbs. Just swapping bulbs won't give you brighter hids. Just be careful with what you buy. Some people have tested "55" watt ballasts from places and they were only putting out 35-40 watts. Most places aren't selling special bulbs either. They'll selling standard bulbs with a different label. I would imagine the stuff from theretrofitsource is legit, but I've never tested their 55 watt stuff personally to see.

rust above like the door handle area where the glass meets the door?

Just swapping bulbs won't give you brighter hids.

Yes. That black vertical piece that seperates the two windows. Anyway to get at the bottom of this to sand it? The rust is at the bottom right beside the rubber weather stripping. Probably goes further down under the stripping too.

I'm wondering what is the easiest fix to have brighter HIDs? I don't think going from 6000 K bulbs to 5000 K bulbs will make that much of a difference, or will it?

e5f8c9a3c33d743f94927107ca100b93.jpg

Should be identical to this for removing the lower

View: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=hUaO3OI8-Wg

Going to 4300ish is supposed to have the most output.

Results like this are going to vary from brand to brand, but this at least shows someone testing the lux output of 35 w on a bunch of bulbs and 55 w lux as well. It could give you at least a general idea, granted it looks like he’s just overpowering 35w bulbs in this on 55w ballasts.

View: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=8v4QgnPLjVU

Should be identical to this for removing the lower

View: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=hUaO3OI8-Wg

Going to 4300ish is supposed to have the most output.

Results like this are going to vary from brand to brand, but this at least shows someone testing the lux output of 35 w on a bunch of bulbs and 55 w lux as well. It could give you at least a general idea, granted it looks like he’s just overpowering 35w bulbs in this on 55w ballasts.

View: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=8v4QgnPLjVU

Thanks Webby! Really appreciate this. You are still your normal helpful self I see.

are you currently disconnecting your battery every time you drive to and from work?

Back