Votes: 9 5.1%
  • Landline

Votes: 3 1.7%
  • No Phone

Votes: 2 1.1%
  • Windows Phone

Votes: 1 0.6%

• Total voters
Im just gonna leave this here, but i switched back to my old phone (4 year old android) after repairing it. So i went from android to windows to the same android. Honestly android is better, but windows phone has some really nice features i wish android had. The only reason it wasnt as good was there was a lack of apps. The homescreen with live tiles was awesome. And the apps are usually completely custizeable to fit your needs. I had the $50 gophone edition, a nokia lumia 520; so i could only assume that the more powerful phones are even better.

So if anyone is on the edge about switching between Android and windows phone, i would say to give it a shot and see how you like it!

Android owner here.:wavey: I have LG G3 at the moment, before I had galaxy S4.

What made you want to upgrade from the S4 to the G3? I have the G2 for work.

I had to restart my S4 and the screen was stuck on Verizon splash screen the entire time. I tried to reboot the system and follow all the steps that people on XDA forum suggested, but it didn't help at all. Next day I went to AT&T and bought G3. I've been using this phone for 3 months now and I can't complain. My S4 was bulletproof, I dropped on the floor several times and there was not a single scratch on it. Next year I will definitely get something bigger probably with 6" display.

That sucks about the S4. :-(

I haven't had too many smartphones.

- Blackberry (long time ago)
- Motorola Droid (OG - 1st one before 4G was out lol)
- Samsung Galaxy Nexus (OG Nexus lol)
- HTC One M7 (current personal phone)
- LG G2 (current work phone)

I bought the HTC One M7 from a buddy (brand new) since I didn't want to lose my unlimited data from VZW. I like the phone a lot and coming from the Samsung Galaxy Nexus its a big upgrade! Would I like to upgrade to a bigger screen (not super big)? Sure but this phone works fine for me. (I'm posting on it now) :)

As for my work phone... I believe I'm eligible for an upgrade but my "free" options are iPhone 4S? (I think) or Samsung S3 or S4. I could pay extra (out of my pocket) for an iPhone 6 or S5 I'm sure.

I've had iPhone 3gs, 4, 4s and 5 and then I bought galaxy S4 last year and now G3. Honestly iphone is extremely boring until you do the jailbreak which lets you customize almost anything and download free apps.

As for my work phone... I believe I'm eligible for an upgrade but my "free" options are iPhone 4S? (I think) or Samsung S3 or S4. I could pay extra (out of my pocket) for an iPhone 6 or S5 I'm sure.
should be iphone 5c as a free option. 5s is $99, and the 6 is $199

Just picked up my Nexus 6, a week later due to inventory issues (Motorola can't make them fast enough) and by golly this thing is awesome. Besides the UI features, the build quality is amazing, screen is excellent, camera is much better than the 5. The turbo charger and front facing speakers are awesome.

The screen is huge 5.9:eek2: Perfect size for me.:thumb:

Reactions: 323
Just picked up my Nexus 6, a week later due to inventory issues (Motorola can't make them fast enough) and by golly this thing is awesome. Besides the UI features, the build quality is amazing, screen is excellent, camera is much better than the 5. The turbo charger and front facing speakers are awesome.

I heard the Nexus 6 is slower than the Nexus 5.

Can anyone confirm?

I heard the Nexus 6 is slower than the Nexus 5.

Can anyone confirm?
Definitely not. I know some have said that it seems slower because of the new Material animations in android 5.0, but if you go into the settings, you can make the animations run faster like they were before.

But in terms of processing power/switching apps/multi tasking, it's faster. Not by much though because the Nexus 5 was already very quick.

Definitely not. I know some have said that it seems slower because of the new Material animations in android 5.0, but if you go into the settings, you can make the animations run faster like they were before.

But in terms of processing power/switching apps/multi tasking, it's faster. Not by much though because the Nexus 5 was already very quick.
Gotcha. Just was curious. Read some reviews saying it wasn't faster than the N5.

Thanks.

:bump:

I want a new phone... I would buy it used so I don't lose my unlimited data (w/ Verizon)

Back