Votes: 9 5.1%
  • Landline

Votes: 3 1.7%
  • No Phone

Votes: 2 1.1%
  • Windows Phone

Votes: 1 0.6%

• Total voters
Google continues to piss me off every time they release one of their Pixel “Lite” Phones that are basically a slap in the face to those who pay for the flagship.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Google continues to piss me off every time they release one of their Pixel “Lite” Phones that are basically a slap in the face to those who pay for the flagship.

I never buy a flashship model. They are overpriced for especially my needs. :iough:

Going to switch to Google Fi and see how it is. I've given Verizon enough of my money over the last X (I can't remember how long) years. Verizon coverage in my area is spotty at best.
If Google Fi is meh then I'll switch to someone else.

Going to switch to Google Fi and see how it is. I've given Verizon enough of my money over the last X (I can't remember how long) years. Verizon coverage in my area is spotty at best.
If Google Fi is meh then I'll switch to someone else.

But Verizon claims to have the best coverage!

But Verizon claims to have the best coverage!

They can claim that all they want but it ain't true. I knew that but over the years Verizon has gotten worse and worse in my area/areas I frequent.

I contacted them and they said "we will have our Network team investigate". 3 days later I received a closure email with "no trouble found".

They can claim that all they want but it ain't true. I knew that but over the years Verizon has gotten worse and worse in my area/areas I frequent.

I contacted them and they said "we will have our Network team investigate". 3 days later I received a closure email with "no trouble found".

I switched to Verizon (employer discount) from TMobile about nine years ago...promptly went back a year later. Service(signal) sucked.

Google Fi is just alright in my opinion. They used to be great a couple of years ago, being able to bounce between carriers, but now everyone else has caught up.

Google Fi is just alright in my opinion. They used to be great a couple of years ago, being able to bounce between carriers, but now everyone else has caught up.

I just want to lower my bill while keeping decent service. Big Red has a 5GB shared plan (which is not enough data for us) or a 10GB shared plan (which is probably a few gigs too much for us).

With Fi I pay for what I use. Say I used 6GB this month but 4GB next month I pay for the data used. Which is like.

What carrier do you have?

We’ve got T-Mobile. No issues in the city but it’s spotty in rural areas. Pay roughly $180 for unlimited everything and financing for the wife’s phone. Would be like $50-60 cheaper without the financing or insurance on both phones.

Last edited:
Got the Google Fi SIM cards for my wife's and MILs phones... MIL phone takes microSIM and Google sends nanoSIM cards..

I think I'm going to hold off on switching to Google Fi. Might see prices for AT&T and see if I can get a better deal through Verizon.

At home? Looks like the signal is just as bad as it was with VZW?

That's correct. It's at home.

I was talking to Webby (privately) about this. My sister has AT&T and lives within a 1/2 mile from me. She has bad service also. My parents live in the same neighborhood (about a 1/2 mile away also) and they have bad service (of course unless connected to WiFi). I have a work phone on Verizon and it also gets bad service.

So it's definitely not carrier (Verizon) or phone related since it happens on AT&T and Verizon with multiple types of phones (iPhone my sister has, Samsung S8+ (my work phone), Pixel 2 XL (my personal phone), Moto G6 (wife's phone), Samsung S6 (mom's phone).

It's ridiculous it's 2020 and no carriers have decent coverage by me. Granted I'm on WiFi most of the time at home but still.

Also I know if I leave my house and I connect my work phone to BT via my car... when I am on Verizon 4G LTE leaving the neighborhood the Sirius XM (or any other streaming service) will cut in & out or not work until I get about 1-2 miles away. ridiculous.

Of course T-Mobile's coverage map for my address says this for 4G LTE :rotfl:

T-Mobile.JPG

This is hilarious :rotfl:

Verizon Coverage Map of my area. All 4G LTE in the red.

Verizon Coverage Map.JPG

Now I'm looking at websites that show the cell towers. What am I doing to myself :hiding:

Now I'm looking at websites that show the cell towers. What am I doing to myself :hiding:

Red Dots are unverified Verizon towers. Green Dots are verified Verizon Towers

In the 1st picture the red X is where I live / 2nd picture is the red circle.

Verizon Cell Tower 1.JPG

Verizon Cell Tower 2.JPG

Back