Post Something Positive.......

awww Congratulations Arm0ged0n
What is the first letter of your last name? (if you don't mind me asking) Then we can at least avoid a middle name idea with that letter in case it clashes :P

Thanks!

At this point I just want to make hill starts my b#tch! :wigglesmiley: I'm getting better but I still get spooked when people get right up on my bumper.

What I have been doing when on hills, is start slowing down without the brakes then put my foot on the brake, anyone behind me hopefully gets the picture. But I leave a good amount of room in front of me and if anyone gets too close I exaggerate all my movements and roll back a bit more than normal and get closer to the car in front of me. Normally people get the idea and give me room, sometimes people are just too stupid and don't and I have used there front bumper to rest my car on...

Thanks!

At this point I just want to make hill starts my b#tch! :wigglesmiley: I'm getting better but I still get spooked when people get right up on my bumper.
I've been driving stick for EEEvvver and it still bugs me when ppl come up on my donkey, hill or no hill.........

I've been driving stick for EEEvvver and it still bugs me when ppl come up on my donkey, hill or no hill.........

I feel like the car should have a "Stay Back! Not responsible for bruised bumpers!" sign on it the way the gravel trucks do.

I feel like the car should have a "Stay Back! Not responsible for bruised bumpers!" sign on it the way the gravel trucks do.
Actually with big rigs(ie; air-brakes) they have an advantage starting off on a hill........ Press down on the brake pedal hard than do the regular thing because it takes time for the air to release the brake. As for you learn to use your hand brake, until you feel in control without. I noticed with my automatic it has a hold on hill built-in to.

LOL, I still 2 scuff marks on the bumper from the bull bar of a cop car... Did all my normal stuff and he was just too stupid and got too close and when the light turned and I rolled back and he tapped my bumper

What ppl don't seem to understand is if someone runs into a car behind them, and they are sitting close enough for that to creat a chain reaction everyone will get a ticket for being to close...... (With rare exception)

LOL, I still 2 scuff marks on the bumper from the bull bar of a cop car... Did all my normal stuff and he was just too stupid and got too close and when the light turned and I rolled back and he tapped my bumper
The LEO's should know better, but I see them doing the same dumb things as the rest of public......

I cant even remember the last time I was worried or even paid attention to how close the guy behind me was at a stop.. But then again I've been driving a manual for 11-12 years but I do remember the feeling when someone got too close, just put it in reverse before they pull up all the way keep everyone back lol..

Are you still not smoking ?

Yeah, they're out of my life. September 3 will be 18 months without a smoke.

35+ years was enough. Hopefully I'll be able to heal from all that abuse.

Thanks!

You will. Just takes time.

:yeahthat: Been driving stick for a few decades myself. :hiding: Although it ticks me off when someone is that stupid to get right behind me, I am not nervous about it.

I cant even remember the last time I was worried or even paid attention to how close the guy behind me was at a stop.. But then again I've been driving a manual for 11-12 years but I do remember the feeling when someone got too close, just put it in reverse before they pull up all the way keep everyone back lol..
HA! There's a thought!

HA! There's a thought!
Just remember not to leave it in Reverse....... That can happen........just work with your hand brake.
I'd be willing to guess most ppl that sit on your butt on a hill have automatics, and don't think that for ahead.

Mine and my husband's cars did not fall victim to the recent car thefts/break-ins around our block. Stealing or breaking into our cars would have been an absolutely horrible idea for whoever was involved considering we have surveillance cams set on the cars and house at all times.

Let me add that our neighborhood is farr from the ghetto even though Newark is right across the river. Our town is small and quiet with very little crime so this shocked us all quite a bit.

Back