Post Your Latest Purchases

Automatic means self winding, meaning that it doesn't require winding of a knob to keep it running. It isn't battery powered.

Im a fan of mechanical watches or anything mechanical (Mechanical Engineer lol). And I've been wanting to get a very nice mechanical watch for a while now. And I am not going to get myself an android/apple watch. No way.

Be careful not to get in the habit of shaking your wrist, I had two watches that had a wt. to wind the watch and broke both of them as far as getting them to run correctly. One was a Rolex, and the other was a Omega. Sent the Rolex in twice, Still sucked....... I'd take those disc batteries any day.

Just wear the watch....... No SHAKING !!!!!!!

Yep, I know. No counterweight. The watch will be running when I receive it since it will be moving around in the ups truck. Lol.

Well, no. Automatic watches don't have counterweights. Just a weight on one end. A counterweight will cause perfect balance which will not cause rotation. I'm sure you misunderstood.

Well, no. Automatic watches don't have counterweights. Just a weight on one end. A counterweight will cause perfect balance which will not cause rotation. I'm sure you misunderstood.
Got Ya, I was thinking a wt. on one side.... that's what mine had. Any way enjoy your watch.......

Got Ya, I was thinking a wt. on one side.... that's what mine had. Any way enjoy your watch.......
Thanks. It's coming tomorrow. I might get another one though. :giggle:

df41078647b6e05a6dae4ba82ce8f28d.jpg

Just sent in my payment for this junk.

not incredible but significant. ill weigh them and take a pic when I do the swap. Should be interesting.

A standard 51R battery is ~26lbs.... the odyssey is ~15 lbs.

The Civic 51R battery is a pretty lightweight battery already. Compared to most cars out there it is already a good 15-20lbs lighter anyway. The odyssey costs about the same as a standard battery but is a bit lighter and a lot smaller. Ill post a pic when i get it mounted of the new location. Mostly I'm doing this for space. Ive seen lots of guys on the RX7 and other forums swap to a Civic 51R battery to save weight. Kinda funny.

I saw a bunch of other Odyssey and Braille batteries that were super super light weight but the price skyrockets per pound saved. This one is right in line with standard battery pricing. Hopefully I won't have any starting/charge issues. We will see. If I do then the battery will get relocated to the trunk.

You shouldn't have issues with that battery. I had the same in the old 8th gen Si. Only time I have an issue was whe I was out of town for about 2 weeks. I just needed a jump after just sitting around. Didn't experience any other issues but then again no harsh cold weather for prolong periods of time.

Reactions: Nix
170 cold cranking? Is that is a misprint, or is that the real info for that battery? Seems like that'd be bad in cold climates

Canon 6D. I was debating between a 5Dmk3 (over $1000 more) or a 7Dmk2 (similar price). The overall image quality for the price of the 6D absolutely beats the other two. The only main cons that the 6D has compared to the other two are the number of focus points, focus delay, and motion detection.

Back