Post Your Latest Purchases

Hmmm...no boardgamers here, eh?

Wingspan is considered one of the top boardgames out right now.

Hmmm...no boardgamers here, eh?

Wingspan is considered one of the top boardgames out right now.

I enjoy a good game but it does depend on the game itself. Admittedly, I've never heard of Wingspan so I had to search for it on Google to know what it was. It does seem interesting in a sense that it seems to mirror other such games I'v enjoyed, it's just with a bird theme. While I enjoy the game type, I don't think I would have a particular interest in a bird collecting themed game. Lately the board games we've been playing are Carcasonne, Thanos Rising, 7 Wonders, and Settlers of Catan amongst a few others but it has been several weeks since the last time we broke out the board games.

I enjoy a good game but it does depend on the game itself. Admittedly, I've never heard of Wingspan so I had to search for it on Google to know what it was. It does seem interesting in a sense that it seems to mirror other such games I'v enjoyed, it's just with a bird theme. While I enjoy the game type, I don't think I would have a particular interest in a bird collecting themed game. Lately the board games we've been playing are Carcasonne, Thanos Rising, 7 Wonders, and Settlers of Catan amongst a few others but it has been several weeks since the last time we broke out the board games.
We play a lot of Carcassonne with at least three expansions at a time.

Other favorites include: Ticket to Ride, Takenoko, Tokaido, Castle Panic, and Betrayal at House on the Hill.

We play a lot of Carcassonne with at least three expansions at a time.

Other favorites include: Ticket to Ride, Takenoko, Tokaido, Castle Panic, and Betrayal at House on the Hill.

I love Carcassone, really one of my favorite games. I think we're up to 5 or 6 expansions at one time; we have all of the full expansions and only one or two mini-expansions; but, we haven't gotten to the point where we can play with everything at one time yet. It gets to a point where you need a larger playing surface for that number of expansions and our current coffee table doesn't really work for that many. Here is one of our big game boards all finished (after removing the Meeples and what not during final scoring), I was blue and took a pic to try and make scoring of the completed cities and roads for the Count, King, and Robber expansion (this pic was before adding those points when I had the largest city):

IMG_4110.jpg

I love Carcassone, really one of my favorite games. I think we're up to 5 or 6 expansions at one time; we have all of the full expansions and only one or two mini-expansions; but, we haven't gotten to the point where we can play with everything at one time yet. It gets to a point where you need a larger playing surface for that number of expansions and our current coffee table doesn't really work for that many. Here is one of our big game boards all finished (after removing the Meeples and what not during final scoring), I was blue and took a pic to try and make scoring of the completed cities and roads for the Count, King, and Robber expansion (this pic was before adding those points when I had the largest city):

View attachment 60936

At a minimum, The River, Inns and Cathedrals, and Traders and Builders are a must for a well rounded game. The only ones we don't play with are The Catapult and Under the Big Top.

We use our dining room table to play and still run out of room occasionally depending on the direction people decide to build out the board.

At a minimum, The River, Inns and Cathedrals, and Traders and Builders are a must for a well rounded game. The only ones we don't play with are The Catapult and Under the Big Top.

We use our dining room table to play and still run out of room occasionally depending on the direction people decide to build out the board.

Yeah, we always play with the River, it is the best way to start the game. Count, King, and Robber add another element to the river, making it longer. The Tower expansion is a lot of fun as you can kick other Meeples off the board. We also tend to play with the Abbey and Mayor; occasionally we'll use Traders and Builders. We have The Catapult and Under the Big Top expansions as well as a few others, just haven't played with them yet.

Back