Post Your Latest Purchases

s4-130315-3.png

samsung-galaxy-note-2-xl.jpg

My wife has the Note II. Root is unnecessary. I will probably wait a few weeks, but root is always a must for me.
well once hers starts to get bogged down, then root it.
plus, I would root it and take off all the bloatware, you can leave the stock rom

well once hers starts to get bogged down, then root it.
plus, I would root it and take off all the bloatware, you can leave the stock rom

More hassle than it is worth when it comes to her phones. We generally don't keep phones for more than 18 months so the bogging down shouldn't be an issue for her...even though the Note II is already an older phone. She loves Android, but is probably a prototypical iPhone candidate. :confused:

Been doing this since G1 and CyanogenMod 3.1 (Android 1.5 - Cupcake). We have had six different Android phones and a Nook Color.

squiggy how heavy is the note 2? My phones starting to crap out and i like to buy hefty phones
I have the Note II as well and it's actually very light for such a big phone, due to being made out of plastic.
It doesn't feel cheaply made, but just light and kind of fragile.
Put any sort of case of it though and it's pretty hefty.
if you're looking for something for rugged, then I would look at the S4 active.
http://www.wired.co.uk/reviews/mobile-phones/2013-08/samsung-galaxy-s4-active

For comparison:

S4: 4.6 oz
Galaxy Nexus: 4.8 oz
Note II: 6.3-6.5 oz

I had an extended battery in the Nexus. So it was probably around 5 oz. There was a noticeable difference in weight reduction going to the S4 for me. The difference in weight going to the Note II doesn't seem as drastic due to its size, but it has some heft to it.

The HTC One is a decent phone and weighs in at 5 oz (which I think is a good weight), but the battery is not user replaceable. If you don't need/want bleeding edge, I would highly recommend the Nexus 4. It weighs 4.9 oz...battery also is not user replaceable, though.

Btw, my G1 came in at a whopping 5.6 oz and felt like a brick! (looked like one too)

Back