Post Your Product Collection

Bartjo06

Old Town, ME
Vehicle Model
Civic Si
Body Style
Coupe
My newest addiction is detailing products. I figured this would be an interesting topic to get people talking about what products they use, like, dislike, etc. So, post up a photo of your collection!

This is most of mine at the moment:

I absolutely love Adams products, but I've been replacing a lot of them with Chemical Guys stuff as of late. Chemical Guys is a bit cheaper and most of the stuff is great quality so far.

Yikes being called out by @MrsJrotax101 lol.

I'll post pics as soon as possible. The winning combo for Honda Paint is image.jpg

Unless if you have some deeper imperfections you can just go with some Menzerna FG, green Rupes pad and the. Fallowed by SIP.

There are lots of good products on the market. Patience, product knowledge and a good buffer will determine your results.

Nice Rupes! Those are beasts. I sold my Flex3401 before I moved. I did keep my old PC7424. I lost my detailing space so I've been sending "samples" to people to unload stuff before it goes bad.

Just down to ONR that I can use now.

I'd love a Rupes! I just have a PC at the moment. I don't think I polish enough vehicles to warrant it right now, though. Maybe a Christmas present to ask for.:think:

I'll play too! :D

These pictures are all pretty old and I'm always getting new things to try... :)

My original supply rack. This thing took up tons of space in the shop and I disliked the products being visible to people passing by. I now have this one in my basement where I store all my gallon size jugs, rarely used products, and my carnauba waxes.

This is the new cabinet that I picked up. Everything is now stored in 32oz size or smaller and I just bring them home and refill as needed.

Some of my pads...I have a ton more Rupes and B&S pads now too.

I picked up a 3rd gen Griots GG6 DA a couple weeks ago too....review coming soon on that one.

Rupes TA50 and 2" pads

Ah I've been outed! Yes, I had a problem. Alas, that is no more. I had to clean out my space when I moved from NY to KY. My mom is intent on selling the house so I couldn't leave my "weekend" business taking up her entire garage anymore.

I just have the essentials with me. Things I use and things I like. I know a few people who got some of the hoard unloaded on them. As soon as we have a house, let the hoarding begin! I really can't wait to have hose access again. It's like trying to quit smoking crack.

httys0.jpg

I think @RaskyR1 takes the cake on this one. My stuff is all over the place. (Nice collection of polishers, I have 4 myself and looking to pick up a few more soon.

When I get moved into the new spot I will make sure to re post.

I think @RaskyR1 takes the cake on this one. My stuff is all over the place. (Nice collection of polishers, I have 4 myself and looking to pick up a few more soon.

When I get moved into the new spot I will make sure to re post.

Thanks! The Rupes are where it's at though! I just picked up that 3rd gen GG6 to do a review on it for the DI blog and I couldn't believe how much more vibration they have. That being said, it's a great polisher for the money and excellent for the beginner to start with. I think a LHR75E is next on my list. I love the pneumatic LHR75, especially the size, but hate listening to my air compressor run. :bleh:

@RaskyR1 yes. Luckily we have AG here about 1:30 away from me and I've been there a few times and have gotten to test some products myself. I was sold on the rupes right away. Best money spent so far and looking to get another 21 and a 15

I hear you on the compressor. I think I would shoot myself if I had to hear that thing run. I currently use a 1st gen Meguiars DA for the smaller areas but know I need to update to something better/more efficient. I know when I buy it it will be like "why didn't i do this sooner" but spending the cash for it always hurts. Haha

When I lived in NY, detailedimage was next day shipping just due to proximity. It was awesome. Order it the day before in time for them to process it and it would be there the next afternoon.

I thought my flex3401 did a really nice job as a DA. On small areas with a 3" pad it was killer. I know it doesn't hold a candle to the rupes though. I bought that back when the rupes was still just a mythical being.

When I lived in NY, detailedimage was next day shipping just due to proximity. It was awesome. Order it the day before in time for them to process it and it would be there the next afternoon.

I thought my flex3401 did a really nice job as a DA. On small areas with a 3" pad it was killer. I know it doesn't hold a candle to the rupes though. I bought that back when the rupes was still just a mythical being.

Yeah that's exactly how it is for me. Another good site for some Car pro products is carpro-us.com. Corey the owner deals with car pro directly and usually has great prices and fair shipping. He's within 30 min of me so I order and just to pick up.

@Nix do you detail as a hobby or just for yourself?

Reactions: Nix
I was doing it as a hobby. Its super fun I think. Hooked instantly. I did pretty much every ones car but my own. I just never got around to it! I didn't charge since I just wanted the practice mostly. I took a minimal fee to cover materials and buy new things to try. Hahahaha. I ended up with quite the hoard. I did learn a lot about what works, what didn't, and what I liked to use. I also tried to copy any product suggestion I saw Rasky make.

I sold/gave away almost everything when I moved. I got almost full price for my flex, with some extras. I was sad but relieved. It is gonna make a good excuse as to why I "need" to buy a new Rupes machine once we get a place with a garage. Hahahah. Kept the PC7424. It's too loud to use here though.

I've kept a pared down assortment of things I can use in the parking lot where I live without hassle. There is a pay and spray up the street. Ill head up there when it's slow sometimes and use stuff like the Sonax and Iron X that need to be rinsed off pretty well. Mostly ONR washes just for maintenance now. Collinite and V7 keep it looking decent. I'm sure my neighbors think I'm crazy with what looks like I'm washing my car and then going to the car wash, then coming back and washing it again. I'm so over boutique waxes too. How bad is that?

@ClearCutSi - Is detailing your main gig?

I really thought hard about starting a mobile business just to generate extra income and possibly get a full on shop going. I do have a semi-unique business idea for it. More of a detailing enthusiasts location. A place where you can go and either pay to have your car detailed or pay to be shown how to do it and be able to rent a bay, tools, and buy products on site. There aren't a lot of brick and mortar locations where you can buy quality stuff. Autozone/pepboys consumer lines are usually meh at best. Also, the markup is pretty good. I think the money is in selling someone products rather than trying to sell them a service they may not see value in. Obviously serving different markets in that sense. Also I think it might attract the hobby detailers and the guys who want to make a business of it but might not have the upfront money to setup a shop or mobile unit themselves. Rent them space and make money on the space and the products they buy without having to do any of the manual labor myself. If I had a place to go with my gear and detail, I would rent a few hours a week from them.

I had done my research for the mobile business but eh, the wifes career is more important so we moved and I converted to ONR and a sponge. I wanted a super simple setup like this truck: I would add a generator for running the buffers.

100_0835.jpg

@RaskyR1 is teasing with that Top Secret box and some CQuartz Finest I see. ;)

LOL! Product testing. ;)

I think those were the new version of Megs MF pads (shorter nap MF Finishing pads), Extra Cut pads, and the now released D302 polish. I just got some new Groits Garage products to test out too. MF cutting pads look nice! :)

@RaskyR1 Where do I get some of that?
The contents of that package are all now available at most any online detailing retailer. :D

LOL! Manufactures are very keen to the powers of social media. Establish yourself as a reputable detailer online and post a few good, non-biased product reviews, and they will usually find you. ;)

Back