Progress 24mm rear sway bar

Did my first autox yesterday and didn't feel it being too stiff. But that maybe user preference.

Also good to note that this bar is adjustable via 3 holes. I have it in the stiffest setting. I wonder what the softest setting vs the 22mm would be. If anything it gives the user some adjustability to suite their driving style.

With autox and aggressive driving I have not felt the bar being dangerous (as far as snap oversteer goes)

Of course take what I say with a grain of salt as I have only done 1 event and its my first fwd car.

MarkA was just recently relating his track experiences with the upgrade to the 22mm bar. He may be able to add to the discussion as well as utilize your thoughts on a spring/coil upgrade.

I just finished my first track outing with the 22 mm bar. It is a HUGE improvement over the stock (15 mm) one. I also installed front camber bolts, giving me just under -1 deg camber. Between those 2 mods, there was still no tendency to oversteer, but understeer was significantly reduced.

Where can the 24mm Progress bar be purchased? I tried to search Google to find it, but found nothing.

I'm sure Corsport has one too, but their website is running very slow at the moment...

3shtwr.jpg

Where can the 24mm Progress bar be purchased? I tried to search Google to find it, but found nothing.

I bought mine off progress website. Their website listed the 9th gen on it, but everywhere else said up to 8th for the part number. I didn't know at the time that it would fit 100% and no one made a post about it fitting yet. so I bought it directly. When the package came in it only listed 8th gen on the box and I had to do a double take with the packing list. Anyways long story short it got so I should buy it from a site supporter

:offtopic: .... but when a thought hits ............... Venders........ Why support them..... I want the best deal......... ??????????

WELL...... Cost is going to be same or lower.......... Matched........ And if there's a problem in the process of ordering; Operation after receiving.

You Have a friendly helpful real live person to ask for help...... as opposed to going to a website, or phone, and "trying" to get someone to talk with(and cares).

"CARES" = Vendor

I bought mine off progress website. Their website listed the 9th gen on it, but everywhere else said up to 8th for the part number. I didn't know at the time that it would fit 100% and no one made a post about it fitting yet. so I bought it directly. When the package came in it only listed 8th gen on the box and I had to do a double take with the packing list. Anyways long story short it got so I should buy it from a site supporter

Thanks!

I am going to be Auto'Xing my car in G-Stock. So that means on stock suspension. Would the 24mm be too much? 22mm is my other option.

Thanks in adv, and for pointing me to some vendors.

I am going to be Auto'Xing my car in G-Stock. So that means on stock suspension. Would the 24mm be too much? 22mm is my other option.

Thanks in adv, and for pointing me to some vendors.

If you have a '12, the 22mm would be sufficient. If you have a '13, get the 24mm.

If your car still has stock springs I think 24mm is too big. The car rolls so much in the front(which isnt necessarily a bad thing for overall grip) that if you stiffen the rear too much you lose too much grip at the rear. My rear tire lifts consistently with the 22mm bar at autocross. If you plan on getting stiffer springs/coilovers, then 24mm would be ok in my opinion.

I am planning running G-Stock for a while on stock springs so you think the 24mm would be a too much?

Last edited:
FYI...... I don't see where 22 or 24 falls into this. But when setting up/buying upgraded suspensions components, we all need to remember that we "DO" want "SOME" roll from the body wt. or we'd lose tyre traction.

I have a '13. I think I read this some where that the front sway on the '13 is bigger than the '12's?

Both sway bars are bigger on the '13. That is why I would recommend upgrading to the 24mm. Otherwise, it isn't much of an upgrade and will not reduce the understeer as much on the '13 as the 22mm does on the '12.

I am planning running G-Stock for a while on stock springs so you think the 24mm would be a too much?
Both sway bars are bigger on the '13. That is why I would recommend upgrading to the 24mm. Otherwise, it isn't much of an upgrade and will not reduce the understeer as much on the '13 as the 22mm does on the '12.
I can really only comment on the '12 going to a 22mm rear bar... Although you can only go so stiff to be effective, after that any stiffer won't really change the behavior of the car. I don't think you can go too much, its all personal preference. Being that the '13 has a bigger front bar, you probably could get away with the 24mm bar in the rear. It also depends on your driving style, if you are super aggressive or like to trail brake and throw your car around you'll probably like the bigger rear bar. Either bar will help the car feel more neutral under steady state cornering. It is all up to the driver to manage the weight transfer to each tire, you can make the car understeer or oversteer depending on how you drive.

That being said, if you are just trying to get rid of as much understeer characteristics as you can, then either bar will be fine. To add to that, next year they are allowing camber adjustment in stock class (or they are proposing it...) so adding some camber bolts in the front will let you use more of your front tires and reduce the shoulder wear which will also reduce some understeer in the chassis.

Back