DIY R18 P2R TBS with gasket Installation tips!

Additional tip! After plastic gasket settle down for few days, tighten throttle body bolts again.

okay so im tired of the gas cap error and thinking about cutting the gasket tomorrow. question, do you not have to cut the slit through? @VNPP the depth of your slit only looks halfway through..how long did it take going at it with a utility knife

okay so im tired of the gas cap error and thinking about cutting the gasket tomorrow. question, do you not have to cut the slit through? @VNPP the depth of your slit only looks halfway through..how long did it take going at it with a utility knife
You think you are getting the gas cap error because of the spacer? Do you consistently get a message? I got the gas cap error 2 or 3 times when I first bought the car because I wasn't tightening down the cap until it started clicking.

From the 8th gen site, they slit through the gasket. It seems to work also. It took me like good 30 minutes to mod the gasket when I did my.
Good luck tomorrow!

Yeah mine was the size pictured and halfway through. I haven't gotten a error message since I've had it either.
Id say like 5 mins with just a regular flip out knife was all it took me. Good luck!

I get the gas cap error about once every few days and it's pretty tight. My friend who has the same car and tbs has the same issue.

Lol I just took the gasket off and there's a perfect indentation of where I need to cut the slit to. How convienient..I definitely had this thing on tight.

image_zpskalos8wm.jpg

fml so while I was putting the throttle body bolts back on I heard a metal dropping sound. It wasn't till I couldn't tighten the bolts did I realize I might've dropped something important in the engine bay. I looked and looked. At one point I was going to give up and buy the part tomorrow at the local dealership..but I evetually found it by going under, taking off the skid plate and digging around.
image_zpszjypvzsb.jpg

fml so while I was putting the throttle body bolts back on I heard a metal dropping sound. It wasn't till I couldn't tighten the bolts did I realize I might've dropped something important in the engine bay. I looked and looked. At one point I was going to give up and buy the part tomorrow at the local dealership..but I evetually found it by going under, taking off the skid plate and digging around.
image_zpszjypvzsb.jpg
Ohhh no!! At least you found it though, did you finish the installation?

Yep all done! now to drive around a few days and see if the error message comes up again. Thanks guys!

wow! I have used throttle body spacers in the past and never really noticed any difference except for clearance issues.... probably a tuning thing tho. I wonder if I should bite the bullet...

Last edited:
Back