R18A1 Part List

Always positive first then negative, and when you put them back on negative first

Actually it's Negative then Positive when removing the battery. Positive then Negative when hooking up a battery. You will get less sparks/arcing this way. You can just disconnect your Negative side only if your not removing your battery but wanna kill power.

This order holds true especially if your disconnecting something on the car with the battery still hooked up (amps/lights/etc).

Reason being is the Conventional vs Electron flow theories.

Someones explanation of the 2.
http://www.allaboutcircuits.com/textbook/direct-current/chpt-1/conventional-versus-electron-flow/

I could try to explain it in my own words for someone who can't grasp it but I can't say i'll do that good of a job.

Yes. 90% of them fit. Parts availability should be pretty close to identical for your car anyway so just check and make sure before you buy something very specific. You looking for anything in particular?

For example the 06-11 has a dogbone torque mount on the passenger side of the engine and the 12+ does not.

mainly just bolt ons its the wifes daily. header, air intake tb spacer. i seen skunk2 has a nice header

If its the wifes daily, DO NOT DO THE HEADER! Unless she likes a really really loud car.

(the header is technically a "test pipe" on this car. It replaces the catalytic convertor so if you need to pass emissions the car will not pass with that "header')

Intake and TB spacer should work fine from 8th to 9th.

whats going on! new to this forum and was wondering if anyone has done any other mods to their engine? im looking to do some soon

I am looking to do some bolt on mods ie intake, header, exhaust. Im new to the 9th gen and really haven't worked on it much. So just looking for advice. its a four door ex automatic

Good morning everyone.... So I was thinking of not doing much to my motor since I drive an ex. After thinking of it I decided I was going to start. Over the weekend I threw on a cold air intake and the difference is amazing. The amount of space you get after taking the
stock intake out is insane. Next MOD header and exhaust..... Any ideas??

IMG_6169.JPG IMG_6159.JPG

Good morning everyone.... So I was thinking of not doing much to my motor since I drive an ex. After thinking of it I decided I was going to start. Over the weekend I threw on a cold air intake and the difference is amazing. The amount of space you get after taking the
stock intake out is insane. Next MOD header and exhaust..... Any ideas??

View attachment 54700 View attachment 54701
You really need to look into hondata flashpro or ktuner and a custom tune from vitviper. Your car will start adjusting timing/fuel as you install mods which will negate any gains you get from aftermarket parts. You'll need to be tuned to see gains.

You really need to look into hondata flashpro or ktuner and a custom tune from vitviper. Your car will start adjusting timing/fuel as you install mods which will negate any gains you get from aftermarket parts. You'll need to be tuned to see gains.
the car will adjust to itself has I put mods on is what you are saying? what would you recommend doing? I am trying to stay in the cheap range lol

It will. Your only option is having it tuned with one of those options above. Otherwise it's truthfully really a waste. You'd be better off getting lightweight wheels (for reduced rotational mass) to make it feel more powerful. Otherwise it'd be best to do suspension upgrades. The si is basically the same way. Upgrades really require a custom tune.

It will. Your only option is having it tuned with one of those options above. Otherwise it's truthfully really a waste. You'd be better off getting lightweight wheels (for reduced rotational mass) to make it feel more powerful. Otherwise it'd be best to do suspension upgrades. The si is basically the same way. Upgrades really require a custom tune.
thanks man I will look into it. I have already lowered it and did some cosmetic work for looks, but defiantly could use some good light weight rims. I will continue to do the MODs for now and get this thing tuned. when I bought this car I heard a lot about the flash pro and the upgrades. its not your normal 2000 civic lol. but again thanks man

Back