Raspy exhaust leak type noise but no leak?

Kevv_Si

Indianapolis
Vehicle Model
Si
Body Style
FB6
So ever since installing my full race catless downpipe every time I cold start my car there's this raspy exhaust leak type sound coming from right underneath the driver seat. I've changed the 3 bolt gasket twice now and the noise is still there. I know it can't be a leak because there's no evidence of it. Just that ugly noise. And when I floor it I can hear it right under me aswell. Any suggestions?

I know this is going to sound dumb, but I would check the welds around the flanges on your exhaust. Even a pinhole leak would create some extra noise. If you can get under your car and look for anything suspicious like some black soot or similar. I had this happen on my 97 civic. I had a leak but it was on the top side closest to the car so i never saw it until i took the pipe off to clean of the 2 years of grime buildup.

Wait until the tune is done. Mine sounded horrible with a stock tune and even the ReFlash. Vit may even notice if something seems screwy during the tuning process.

I know this is going to sound dumb, but I would check the welds around the flanges on your exhaust. Even a pinhole leak would create some extra noise. If you can get under your car and look for anything suspicious like some black soot or similar. I had this happen on my 97 civic. I had a leak but it was on the top side closest to the car so i never saw it until i took the pipe off to clean of the 2 years of grime buildup.
Checked for all that and nothing

Wait until the tune is done. Mine sounded horrible with a stock tune and even the ReFlash. Vit may even notice if something seems screwy during the tuning process.
You know that's what I was thinking, vit would say something was off if it was a leak but he can't hear the car lol. Whenever I start the car the noir is there kinda hard to describe it then it goes away in like a minute. But flooring my car I can hear it under me and its annoying to say the least lol.

You know that's what I was thinking, vit would say something was off if it was a leak but he can't hear the car lol. Whenever I start the car the noir is there kinda hard to describe it then it goes away in like a minute. But flooring my car I can hear it under me and its annoying to say the least lol.
I was annoyed and paranoid that I had a leak as well. The tune took care of the sound eventually.

That's normal for these cars, an aftermarket downpipe will sound like that, i have the full race catted version and it sounds the same

That's normal for these cars, an aftermarket downpipe will sound like that, i have the full race catted version and it sounds the same
Idk doesnt seem normal because at idle when I cold start it , the noise is there and after a minute it goes away. And it's always there when I floor it

Idk doesnt seem normal because at idle when I cold start it , the noise is there and after a minute it goes away. And it's always there when I floor it
It goes away because it idles down and isn't pushing enough air through to make the sound. This is normal for an aftermarket downpipe.

That's normal with catless dp.

Back