Raspy exhaust leak type noise but no leak?

I am going to check the DP at the head this weekend. It sounds like an exhaust leak. I really hope it's not cracked. Is there a warranty against cracking?

Air box isn't going to make a difference, but you really shouldn't be running that DP without a tune.

This is true however im not tunning until I install my intake this weekend. Installed exhaust a month ago and d.p went on sunday. I did not have C.E.L pop up yet. Spoke with vit in regards to tuning. Time and capital are both very little for car this time of year my friend. I also have a big V8 to maintain. Winter is coming!

This is true however im not tunning until I install my intake this weekend. Installed exhaust a month ago and d.p went on sunday. I did not have C.E.L pop up yet. Spoke with vit in regards to tuning. Time and capital are both very little for car this time of year my friend. I also have a big V8 to maintain. Winter is coming!
Ah. Good to know it is temporary. What intake did you go with?

Ah. Good to know it is temporary. What intake did you go with?
PRL SRI. Didn't do CAI due to the fact, if all goes well sc will be done in the summer 2016. It's my daily and where I live our roads are prone to flooding. Not the best place for lowered cars either. Potholeville

The DBW system is all electronic.

Newer cars have a drive-by-wire throttle, where all throttle body functions are controlled by an electronic motor that’s tied to a potentiometer on the accelerator pedal.

There isn't a throttle cable you can pull like you could on older cars. You'll need a second person.

EDIT: The whole post since re-reading my original answer didn't make any sense.

Last edited:
I have the Full race exhaust and catted D.P, no tune and stock airbox. I am not experiencing any hissing or leak sounds. I believe there was a thread where the guy couldn't find the leak and it ended up being cracked at the head of downpipe. Did you check the D.P at the block?

Thats weird, i've asked about 10 locals who run a dp and everysingle one of them had at least a slight hissing sound ( rv6, fullrace, skunk2, k-tuned )

The DBW system is all electronic.

Newer cars have a drive-by-wire throttle, where all throttle body functions are controlled by an electronic motor that’s tied to a potentiometer on the accelerator pedal.

There isn't a throttle cable you can pull like you could on older cars. You'll need a second person.

EDIT: The whole post since re-reading my original answer didn't make any sense.

Yeah, I know this, I just thought maybe there was a way to do it singlehandedly, at least for techs at dealerships. Just thought I'd ask.

Thats weird, i've asked about 10 locals who run a dp and everysingle one of them had at least a slight hissing sound ( rv6, fullrace, skunk2, k-tuned )

That's how the world turns. Sometimes you get the bear Sometimes the bear gets you.

I haven't had an issue, don't know what to tell you. No one has seen me ***** and complain about hissing on any post on this site or even comment. Guess I'm lucky. Finally I win once in my life:domokundance: :dancing::dance:

That's how the world turns. Sometimes you get the bear Sometimes the bear gets you.

I haven't had an issue, don't know what to tell you. No one has seen me ***** and complain about hissing on any post on this site or even comment. Guess I'm lucky. Finally I win once in my life:domokundance: :dancing::dance:

Either that or the fullrace exhaust is loud enough to cover the sound that your dp is making . Mine only hiss when i WOT, and once vtec hit, the PRL sri sound takes over. But it's getting better as the tune progress.

Either that or the fullrace exhaust is loud enough to cover the sound that your dp is making . Mine only hiss when i WOT, and once vtec hit, the PRL sri sound takes over. But it's getting better as the tune progress.

No CEL either, but I'm sure when I install sri this weekend it will pop up.

It is loud and I'm sure the hiss is there, but ignorance is bliss. < not an attempt at a rapping career. I believe getting a catted d.p makes a big difference. My exhaust was already broken in when I install d.p if that makes any difference

No CEL either, but I'm sure when I install sri this weekend it will pop up.

It is loud and I'm sure the hiss is there, but ignorance is bliss. < not an attempt at a rapping career. I believe getting a catted d.p makes a big difference. My exhaust was already broken in when I install d.p if that makes any difference

Just wait until you are fully tuned. The PRL SRI drowns out the Full-Race exhaust when in VTEC.

Just wait until you are fully tuned. The PRL SRI drowns out the Full-Race exhaust when in VTEC.

I cant wait till tomorrow, 6am sharp with cup of java and ill be ready to install. I know its useless but I had a nice credit with pro civic and picked up the p2r throttle body spacer. I do plan on using it for NOS shots, instead of drilling into intake. Any feed back on the addition of spacer?

I cant wait till tomorrow, 6am sharp with cup of java and ill be ready to install. I know its useless but I had a nice credit with pro civic and picked up the p2r throttle body spacer. I do plan on using it for NOS shots, instead of drilling into intake. Any feed back on the addition of spacer?

Normally, it is a waste of money, but is worthwhile if you will be using it for NOS.

Yeah I figured that! it's really meant for carbureted engines where the fuel and air mix prior to throttle body. Pro civic has a nice small kit ill probably pick up, just need to do more homework on the subject

@squiggy Ok! I know you said Air box doesn't make a difference.
However this is my experience after installing p2r and PRL sri.

As I said before my car sounded great and no cel after FR exhaust and chatted d.p. I felt special!
After installing these things, Now my car has like a raspy sound and slight hissing. Sounds scrappy and runs not so well. I can definitely feel the car being affected without tune. Still no C.E.L

@squiggy Ok! I know you said Air box doesn't make a difference.
However this is my experience after installing p2r and PRL sri.

As I said before my car sounded great and no cel after FR exhaust and chatted d.p. I felt special!
After installing these things, Now my car has like a raspy sound and slight hissing. Sounds scrappy and runs not so well. I can definitely feel the car being affected without tune. Still no C.E.L

The intake won't really make a difference as far as rasp, but, without being tuned, the car will run like crap/not run when using a 3.5" intake. The hissing you are hearing is the intake pulling in air.

Sorry I'm extremely late to this thread (just saw your tag squiggy) my downpipe sounds very raspy (and hisses) during a cold start but that sound fades after 10-15 seconds when it warms up a little. I used to hear a very loud hiss from the downpipe as well under WOT, and I'm sure it's still there but gets drowned out by the supercharger now.

Hey all, having a similar issue. Bad tick on cold start which goes away then whenever i press the gas. No exhaust leak. Full invidia n1 with ebay catless downpipe. On a basemap while waiting to tune. Just realized i cant post a video.. will send to anyone?

Having a catless downpipe will sound like a bunch of bolts are rattling in your exhaust for the first 15 seconds at startup, then quiets down. If that's the noise you're referring to..

Back